2018 S90 vs 2019 GLC

Been lurking around and finally making my post.

I’m debating between 2019 GLC (which my wife prefers) and 2018 S90 (massive discount), and wonder if these deals for TX looks OK or I may still have some room. Appreciate any input. Both 36/12 terms. Thanks!

GLC 300 RWD: This is from a CA dealer so DAS/Monthly may not accurate reflect TX requirement
MSRP: 46745
Discount: 12%
Fees: 649.75
RV: 54%
DAS: 1293
Monthly: 595.26

S90 T5 FWD MOM: This is a 6500 miles loaner
MSRP: 53890
Discount: 15750 (include 6600 incentive from Jan)
Fees: 403
RV: 25106.10 (About 46.59%)
DAS: 525.45
Monthly: 525.45

S90 T5 FWD MOM: This is 293 miles
MSRP: 56990
Discount: 17990 (include 6600 incentive from Jan)
Fee: 1141.25 (756 in accessories and dealer fee markup)
RV: Don’t want to disclose
DAS: 545
Monthly: 545

Looks to me like you can have a happy wife for $70 / month.

That’s a bargain.

2 Likes

Have a read up on Texas sales tax credits. It almost never makes sense to get a vehicle from out of Texas as you will pay the full sales tax and transportation. If you deal hunt in Texas you’ll likely get a slightly lower discount amount, but paired with sales tax credits it will work out to about the same or perhaps a little better with a lot less hassle.

Also for ~$650p/m for a GLC300 you can get an Audi SQ5 for around that amount in Texas which is a much better vehicle.

1 Like

Thank you very much for the advice. I searched inventory in Texas before heading out to nationwide. My wife insist on surround view on GLC and all inventories in TX with that package come with extra stuff with MSRP over 50k. So I guess a bit extra tax maybe worth it than extra 4k MSRP to negotiate discount for.

SQ5 is a nice vehicle, though to accommodate her surround view demand I will need to go to P+, which is 58k MSRP and way beyond my budget. Thanks for the tip though.

You’re getting hung up on the MSRP which is only 1 of the factors when leasing. Here’s an example of what can be done on an SQ5 in Texas: SQ5 Prestige - Texas (it’s a higher trim, much higher MSRP and has MSDs but the equivalent numbers on a lower MSRP P+ will be close to your GLC300 numbers as they lease better).

A $46k GLC300 is not good value at $650p/m. If that’s the vehicle you want then go for it but in that market segment it’s on the top end price-wise. I’m guessing you’ve looked at the Stelvio and ruled it out? They would be in the $500’s, drive better but interior not as nice.

2 Likes

That was my thought, as well…

Thank you @ajgraham, but my wife only want vehicles from certain brands and Audi/Alfa are not on the list. I agree at net 650/m it is not good value, even far from hackr level, but still much better than local dealer offering me net 814/m on a 47k vehicle and saying the bullshit like “this is price I don’t get as employee”

How about the S90 deal then?

Personally I would go with the S90. its a great car and looks awesome!

Did all those quotes include delivery to Texas? Did you try to shop the GLC quote from Cali around to any dealers in Texas?

I did find at least one GLC300 with the Advanced Parking Package (in Austin), but it was about $1000 more MSRP but might be cheaper with tax credits and no delivery fee.

Which vehicle is your favourite? @Ursus is the go to guy for Volvos, I only know a little about the XC60 and XC90.

You can probably get a nicely optioned new 2019 S60 for the same money, if she doesn’t need a limo. Or a loaded XC60 for the same payment as GLC.

I did the inventory search on MBUSA for Dallas, Houston, NoCal and SoCal zip codes and sent emails to all dealers with right ones. Hmm somehow I still missed that GLC, if WDC0G4JB7KV158385 is the one you mentioned about, guess Texas is too big. I will contact them to get a quote.

1 Like

I thought about S60 also. To get the surround view camera I have to tick every box, pushing it to higher price range. I will give it a shot.

If I present her a less equipped GLC and a loaded XC60 with same payment she won’t hesitate to choose the three-pointed star as long as it got surround view :rofl:

Ursus- Just yesterday test-drove a nicely optioned 19 S60 T6 locally. Very nice machine. But: With all rolled in, sign & drive (whatever that means exactly…), 15kmi/yr, ~56-57k MSRP for loaded Inscription, their monthly of 750 sucks.
Long Island, 8.625% tax. This already incl. 2500 loyalty discount…did not respond, still have time.
Any ideas??

This is a big deal. That’s another 6.25% of the selling price if it’s not included.

CA tax on full price (or at least it seems on the quote) is included so it should be a bit higher (7.75%).

As an S90 owner, I’m partial to that. Really nice car. I feel like those quotes are high for FWD T5 momentum, I think they should definitely be under $500. Then again, I wasn’t shopping with Texas taxes, so maybe those quotes are good for Texas.

If my calculation is right, for that $525 quote there is $67.7 tax in it assuming all capitalized, effective pre-tax monthly is about $458. How’s that comparing to your deal @Indy499 ?

Hire @nyclife or @Benedetto. And do you really need a fully loaded S60 wit $56K sticker?

Actually I contacted both of them, and talked to Ben four days ago. One feature my wife insist is front/rear parking sensor and 360-degree surround view camera. That is only available with advanced package, which S60 T5 FWD MOM still cost about 46k MSRP.

If this is a vehicle for myself I would happily use my mirrors and accept any color combination that is cheapest, but since it is for her I got my hands tied :rofl:

I remember this call - wasn’t the MB a C43?