2018 Outlander PHEV SEL in Dallas - $319 Down, $309 a month ($239 after $2,500 EV Rebate)

It’s a federal tax rebate that the bank claims and passes on to customers.
Most EVs and plugins are leased with that in CA too.
The rebate on the Outlander PHEV is actually 5836$.

I don’t know what you mean but gutless and noisy. It’s primarily an EV and very quiet. When the engine kicks on, it’s a lot quieter than our 2014 Volt. Sounds like you should drive it. If you want an SUV EV with a gas engine for road trips, you don’t really have any other choices. We live in an urban area and can recharge at home with our upgraded charging, so even the 22 mile range will cover most of our daily usage and the gas engine allows us backup in case we want to road trip for family.

With regards to the $4,800 lease incentive, that is a capitalized cost reduction provided by Ally (in effect, it is them passing on the Federal EV Tax Rebate they will receive; if you purchased and had the taxable income, you would be able to receive a tax credit of $5,836). This should basically be offered universally across the US. Got a feeling you might just be dealing with a Mitsubishi dealer who doesn’t know about EVs. Definitely not unheard of. You might also qualify for a state rebate after the point of sale, but I can’t speak to specifics of Cali rebates.

Thanks Ryan. None of the Mitsu dealers offer the Ally $4800 EV lease incentive here in northern CA. I will go back and ask them.

Thank you Ryan I got close I did not get Mitsu loyalty.

I was looking at this 2018 Outlander PHEV SEL deal at a dealer in Dallas same MF .47% I divided it by 2400 to get .00019583 (.0002)rounded.

They quoted me
MSRP: 36,210
Selling Price: 32,110
Monthly payment: $317 includes tax of $553
Cash Due at signing: $326

Month: 36
Annual Mileage: 10k
MF: 0.47% or .0002
Incentives: $4800 for federal EV rebate Ally
Residual: $17,300

Region: Texas
LeaseHackr score: 9.6
They said I get $2,500 rebate from Texas TCEQ

Forget my money factor, but I think it was like .0002. Remember it converted to 0.49% APR.

Not sure where you’re looking but connect with Jarryd or Brett at Don Herring Mitsubishi in Irving and tell them I sent you.

I’ve signed 2 leases with them in 3 months.

Any luck? I really want an outlander deal in California. If anyone has a lead, please share.

I’m looking to get one of these for my wife. I was thinking purchase, but a lease is probably the better play here. Do you think I could get a similar deal in MA? Will they do 12k miles a year on these instead of the 10k?

I live in Massachusetts too, and I found this site to be very helpful:

https://drivegreen.greenenergyconsumers.org/form_cars.php

I have been talking with Cornerstone Mitsubishi in Wilmington, and they seem reasonable.

Note that the $2,500 credit from the state ends on 12/31/18 aka TODAY, so if you want the credit, you need to close your deal today. You can get the credit if you lease for 36 months.

Please call commerce Mitsubishi…you might not get a deal but boy you can have some laughs!

Ryan when did you apply for the rebate? and when did you get the $$$?

When do I apply for the Tx Rebate leased the vehicle 12/24? I have emailed Brett my filled out form for him to fill out dealer info and requested singed by both parties copy of the lease contract and the tx application for title and registration.

Thanks.

A sunroof, an upgraded stereo, forward collision mitigation, lane departure warning, multi-view camera, LED headlights, automatic high beams…

I was working with a dealer in Nor Cal on a deal for this car, and they seem to think they’re sitting on a pot of gold and unwilling to negotiate beyond $200 off MSRP for a what’s a 2018 model that’s been sitting at the dealer for months.

Yup, I agree. Rates they (nor cal dealers) are quoting for outlander phev GT almost matches with 2018 BMW X5 40e lease prices. I wonder who is buying at those prices.

1 Like

RL-
Is $32K your gross cap cost?
A local dealer here in CA is quoting me $36K gross cap cost, $31K net cap cost, $2K due at signing, 10K miles, $400/ month payment incl taxes–how did you get such a great deal, or am I missing something?

Not sure if this deal is re-produce able any more. I called this dealer 4 times to talk to Brett or Jarryd, couldn’t get hold on either of them. Left messages, haven’t got a call back. I didn;t even say about the deal in my message yet…

Ryan,

Which city did you register your vehicles in . I just got hit from ally bank with taxes due from city of Irving, TX that Ally paid for already. Anyway to dispute this $800+ dollars?

Just had same thing happen. Called Ally and they told me the dealer never notarized the paperwork which says the lease was for personal use and therefore exempt from personal property taxes. They found the original form submitted but said it was clearly dealer error. Ally waived the charge and just had me fill out the form, notarIze and mail to them. The form can be found on the Texas comptroller (or similar website), something along the lines of a “Leasee Personal Use Affidavit”. Either way, just call Ally and they can help you out.

Yes exactly as you described dealer submitted original paperwork in error not signed or notarized. The form is 50-285. Sent it in to Ally. They will waive the charge. Form is called “Lessee’s Affidavit for Motor Vehicle Use Other Than Production of Income”

I also received a letter from TERP thanking me for complying with the rebate and releasing me from any further obligations. So I could essentially transfer this lease now.

Have you leased anything new to replace your Outlander?