2018 Mercedes E43 Amg

Hi, I just got a offer from deal, but I am not sure it’s a good deal or not
here is the payment information
2018 E43 AMG
NY long Island
MSRP: 81555
36 month/ 12k per year
Now dealer give me 960 per month without tax
Also with 5000 ( tax, acquisition fee, documentation fee and first month payment) plus DMV fee

It looks like I need to pay almost 39000 for three year leasing. I guess this is still not a good deal?

Thanks

You’d need to get more information. What is the selling price with discount broken down to dealer discount and incentives? What is the money factor? Get a breakdown of the fees, and make sure you aren’t putting any money down toward cap cost reduction.

1 Like

That is steep but the E43 is an expensive car … Maybe you are better off with a purchase?

actually, they didn’t give me an exact selling price or discount number, I guess the discount they gave it to me right now is about 6-7% off.
And the total tax is about 3000 bucks include in that 5000, I am really confuse with this tax number.

yeah, I think an AMG will not fit with 1% rule for leasing.

residual of this car is pretty good, it’s about 58% with 36 month.

I would definitely ask them for a deal sheet that breaks down all the numbers for you. That’s the only way you will know if the pricing is decent. You are right that it’s going to be hard to get 1% per month on this, but you’ll never know if they won’t share the numbers. That would be a huge red flag.

The E53 is around the corner with the new I6 and hybrid boost set up, a 43 model should get a better discount soon if you can wait.

Yup ^
If you’re not in a rush, wait them out a couple months.

yes, since E53 is coming soon, E43 will absolutely have a big discount in the end of the year. Because there will be no more new E43 built.

1 Like

IC, I will try to ask them to list all the number. Hope I can get a number around 1.1-1.15%

Thank you for your help

1 Like

We just looked at leasing a E43. $76,500 selling price (we didn’t really negotiate much) but they tried to pin us at $1,200/mo on a 36 month, 12K per year. I told him since the E53’s are around the corner…I’ll give you first payment and monthly payments of 1% ($760). Sales guys laughed wildly at us. I told him to enjoy, bye bye.

I hate when they do that. If I were a sales guy, the thing I would do would be to walk the customer through the numbers. People are mostly rational and they react well with logic. Unfortunately dealers try to make the car buying process emotional rather than logical.

1 Like

I looked at one 2 weeks ago and it was 80k, they quoted me 1450 with 3k down. They told me I need to put at least 7k down in order to be below 1000 a month and then I just started running away. They told me that the residual is 52% and another Mercedes dealership said 57%. they wouldn’t lower the price at all saying that “AMGs never gets discounted”.

I agree that it is up to the dealer to decide whether he wants to discount AMG or not. BUt why laugh the customer out of the place?
Sit him down, show him that for 80k car, with $0 discount and 52%RV, then obviously it will lease for >1.3k (simple math). They can possibly suggest buying the car or buying CPO …

Yeah that ticks me off. BTW, and FWIW, I priced out a $125k E63S wagon. Dealer gave me about $10k off, and on a 10K/36mo lease it was $1800, taxes paid up front, no MSDs. With 10 MSDs it was about $150/mo cheaper.

TL;DR - you can’t get 1% deals on AMGs…

That would be doable…my father is looking at the E63S but just can’t justify the lease payments at the rate they quoted him ($2,600) on a similar MSRP lol

RV on the E43 was shown to us in the leasing handbook @ 58%

Not professional for a dealer to laugh in your face at you but on the other hand the proposal to do a sign and drive on an AMG at the LH “1% rule” is somewhat comical.

My primary suggestion to you would be to understand what is actually achievable in a deal on the model based on the factors you know, residual, MF, acquisition fee and taxes. From there you can benchmark with research what kinds of discounts are potentially achievable.

Just loosely playing around in the LH calc showed me on a true sign and drive, 58% residual, $1k incentive and a goal of 10% discount, base MF and acquisition fee was landing in the $900s. That isn’t even accounting for what your doc fees, taxes, registration etc would then add in. If your goal is to be in the $700s on this model with minimum cash down then I would recommend you move on.

1 Like

The 43 isn’t even a “real” AMG. But yes, the 43’s or even real AMG 63’s will hit the 1% rule when pigs start flying.

1 Like

You have not met our crew here! Some of them will 1% a Lambo!!!

1 Like