2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD

did this include tax/fees/dmv?

I live in Maryland and we have to pay 6% tax on the entire price of the car.
A GT with Drive Wise is around 41k.
I will have to pay $2460 in tax.

I was offered a deal that I think is very good. Would very much appreciate everyone’s feedback.
GT1 with Drive Wise / LSD
36 months / 12k Miles
No money down
Tax/ Bank Fee/ DMV / Damage Waiver ($525) included
First month payment due at signing.

$569.23 out the door

What is the MSRP? And what is drivewise and lsd? I dont see that as an option I think you may be describing standard equipment?

the Stinger doesnt lease well to begin with, but i would try to get around 450 a month with 0 down. 570 seems pretty high. See if you can lower the MF, i think kia usually has a pretty high MF compared to other manufacturers.

Sorry about that. It’s the drive assist package. (i meant lds - limited slip diff)
MSRP is 43,450
remember I have to pay MD 6% tax on the full price of the car $2607.

Thanks for your help!

Thanks Davey.
Remember I have to pay 6% MD tax on the entire vehicle 43, 450 X .06 = $2607
Damage waiver is $525
Not sure what the dealer/bank fee is.
Not sure of the DMV fee.
But the $570 a month includes all of this. $0 down.

I’ve looked everywhere and I don’t think there is such a thing as $450 a month all inclusive.

still seems high to me, remember kia is offering 6600 in rebates for that car, at least near me, not sure about where you are, but with that kind of rebate you should be able to lower the monthly. Honestly you really need to get a full breakdown on the deal, ask what the residual is, money factor, cap cost… all that then you can see if they are really giving you a discount on the car. Its always hard to negotiate without all the facts.

The official July lease special KMF on this model is
$5500 Lease cash
47% residual

Got it - Thanks for your help.

if you read they very first post on the thread someone is getting quoted a little over 500 a month for the gt2 model which is quite a bit more than 41k so i would think 450 would be doable even with your 2600 in tax you can always pull the 1% rule, ask them how close they can get you to 410 and see what they come back with.

I will do that. Thanks for the advice.

As in, quote an imaginary rule you once read on the internet? Good way to lose credibility fast.

There is no way you will get a dealer to get to the 1% rule on this car, unless you find a dealer that is okay taking a multi-thousand dollar loss on the sale. Kia’s MF is just too high.

Ya you’re right, I had no idea the money factor was almost 6% does Kia allow msd to lower that though?

If you look at the sales numbers for the Stinger and the way it is positioned with Kia, I think it will be quite some time before these are lease deal worthy, if at all.

The Stinger is hovering around 1600 units per month, and holding steady.

In comparison, the Cadenza’s sell about 300 units a month.

The K900, sells a whopping 20+ per month, and are still being made. I dont even get this. How do you continue to make a car that sells 20+ per month? I don’t think this marquee can support a 60K price tag.

Either way, unless the Stinger drops into a “dust catcher” category, and or MF improves, there is no way this car (GT2) will be under 500 a month.

Yes and that was a completely bogus quote.

K900 is built for the Korean market. It’s cheap to import and needs little marketing support in the States. And Kia is bringing the redesigned model to the States next year.

1 Like

The cost to federalize and certify a car for import is apparently quite high…enough to lose a bunch of imports that sold much better than 20+ per month before they were cancelled (5 series wagon, C-class wagon, FJ Cruiser, etc.)

I don’t think this is the case. As @max_g stated. It is in the millions to federalize a new car / model. They may make money on them elsewhere, but they are huge losers in the states.

My guess is they are doing something similar to Hyundai, and these cars are just place holders for an upscale luxury brand in the future. That is the only reason I could see them continue to stock / sell, what few they do.