2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD

I tuned my f-type.

They found out and voided my warranty. But that would’ve happened if I financed as well.

It was a risk I knew I was taking, lets hope no engine problems for the next 2 years :smiley:

So it’s as I figured. You can’t tune/chip/flash a leased car. Not unless you want to have a new car out of warranty and risk penalties at lease turn-in. To me, not worth 30 or so more hp.

hmm… I understand about the voiding the warranty part. However, I still don’t understand who would want to tune/chip/flash a leased car. Its just so much trouble and time! If you are looking to mod the car, you might as well just buy the vehicle before doing all the work. If not, you going to waste some time to take out parts, reflash, put stock parts back on, etc. Hell if you got that money or that much time, you might as well buy it.

BTW tested the Stinger GT2 AWD and RWD this weekend and its such a fun car to drive! Waiting for my current lease to end, so I can get my own stinger :stuck_out_tongue:

Blockquote
He’s looking for validation

Exactly this. Just found him on the Stinger forums, asking for the same type of “I got a good deal, right? Lease Hackr isn’t being nice to me” validation, and they also basically told him the same - Stinger’s don’t lease well, and he’s paying too much :grin:

1 Like

Link? That should be good for a laugh.

Start at post #16

3 Likes

I wouldn’t want that depreciation tho

Dealing with my local Kia dealership has been a nightmare. Quoted $379/mo for the AWD base (39/10k) and $522 RWD Premium (39/10k). $42,295 for the premium, but I found another kia dealership an hour away offering the same trim for $31,817. I have no clue how my local dealership is working the numbers.

Sorry I just had to rant.

What’s on the Premium that gets it up to $42K? GT’s are starting at $39K and GT1’s around $44K, and they’re a helluva lot more fun to drive. :grinning:

$2,000 driver assistance package.

1 Like

Drove one today. Fun car.

600 dollar a month fun?

Nope. But a lot more fun than a 540 or @ e400

Really? That is good to hear.

I love this car, but I don’t $600 dollar love it. It will be interesting to see where it ends up when the dust settles. The Cadenza’s a 45k bomb, only to be outdone by the k900 TOTAL bomb. The Stingers appear to be selling a little better than those 2 flops, so cant see them doing much for another year. Guess time will tell.

The k900 used with 20k miles at $25000 used might be the bomb of a used car deal. Super comfy, but not much fun.

I have put a tuner on both my Mini and my 330i, it’s like $250 from dinan (or burgertuning), it plugs into the MAF sensor in the engine bay, took me more time to figure out where the hood latch is on the cars then it was to install them. Instantly got another 30hp and 50-60tq, extremely noticeable.

Mini threw a check engine light once because of overboosting in the summer and was just showing “drivetrain malfunction”, took it to the dealer and they figured out it was the tuner. They just charged me for the $60 diagnostic fee since they wouldn’t cover it under warranty. Turned down the boost a bit and had no problem with it. Remove it when I turned in the lease.

Zero issues with my 330i, and it makes it far more fun to drive. Not quite as fast as a 340i, but has some punch.

Not true. No real world penalties for warranty voiding on leased cars.

Many folks do this and they have no problems, I also asked the finance manager of another dealership and he said that they do not care if the car’s warranty is void.

The risk isn’t a penalty at lease end. The risk is having a legitimate issue that gets denied warranty coverage while you’re still leasing the car.

1 Like

Everyone that tunes their car knows its a risk.

I’m talking about penalties if you tune a leased car, the dealership won’t charge you fees if you return the car as OEM.

You are correct the k900 and cadenzas dont sell well but I do like em both. I wonder what the new k900 will offer?