2018 Genesis G90 Numbers

@LeaseLoso Awesome, thanks a lot.

1 Like

For October Genesis has up to $5000 in Hyundai Certificates they can award to a customer. Good luck getting one dealer to give you all $5000. We typically will give a customer $250 or $500.

I am unaware of the Genesis ones being in $1000 increments. Looks like with Uber you can get $7500 off pretty quick and lease cash. (On an 80 or 90)

Is this extra Hyundai cash on a 2017 or 2018?
How much is the lease cash?

$1500 Rebate OR $1000 Lease Cash with the Incentivized Money Factors. (Take the later).

I can get a 2018 AWD Premium for $413 right now with 1st payment down 15k a year. Probably just going to get a Sonata Limited Ultimate for $290. (Currently paying $451…traded my 2014 for a 2015, have 2 payments left).

Will this help make the G80 Sport reasonable or are they still holding out trying to get people used to 600 dollar payments?

1 Like

Hi. Can you share the dealer’s and salesman name. I’d be interested in the same car. Thanks.

Sent in PM Twenty Char

Hi LeaseLoso, I am negotiating a 2017 G90 lease right now at the same dealership and was wondering if you could share any tips based on your lease terms on your G80.

I negotiated a G90 5.0 Ultimate at this (sent by the sales guy):

“…$55,600 plus TT&L. The taxes are already included in the prices in Texas. With $2500 down here are the two lease scenarios with 12K or 15K miles per year: $888.69 or $927.97 per month. …”

I know I can do better both on the lease terms (MF, etc) and taxes (based on your post).

Any tips you can share? Maybe we celebrate by me buying you lunch!

Thank you

1 Like

1- Ask if they know when they have a Tax break happening

2- Be ready on the last day of the month

3- If you don’t ask it won’t happen. You should be able to get sub 1% rule.

Good Luck.

Awesome. Thanks. I will let you know how I do.

Cheers

1 Like

Ok, deal done and getting the vehicle today. Ended up buying from Roger Beasley in Kyle.

New 2017 G90 3.3
$52,497
MF .00038
First month payment OTD
$775.55 @ 36 Mos. with 12K miles

Includes TT&L BUT swapped sales tax amount for some total care protection that covers windshield, paint, dings, and everything not already covered by warranty. This is good as I had already cracked my windshield once on my 2015 Genesis and also got lots of door dings, etc.

All and all I think I got close to 1% off MSRP so I am happy with my deal. Thank you LeaseLoso and everyone in the forum.

Best part of the story, I had the paperwork and car delivered to my house (just like ordering from Amazon).

1 Like

Wow, $775/month for a $52k Hyundai? I think you belong in the club below. BTW, your goal should have been at least monthly payment that’s 1% or less than the MSRP, not getting a 1% discount off MSRP.

Edit: Appears that $52k is the sales price and not the MSRP? Maybe this is a decent deal afterall, but I still wouldn’t pay anywhere near $700/month for a Genesis.

I think there is a typo, G90 at 52K impossible.

No typo. I just followed LeaseLoso’s advice and held firm. Took advantage of the year end incentives on the '17 model and the dealer also used 1-2 cash coupons (or whatever they call the $500 vouchers).

The MSRP is almost $70K so I am very happy with this deal. If I ding the car all over, scratch the paint and chip the windshield, at the end of the warranty they will fix it all under the total protection plan I bought, even if I decide to keep the car!

@Jon - Have you driven this car and did you know about their warranty and concierge service? I am a busy guy and can’t beat the home pickup and delivery for service and warranty stuff.

I have no problem at all believing in a 52,000 dollar Genesis G90. They ARE out there, a simple look on cars.com shows some in that ballpark, I spoke to a dealer around 3 weeks ago about 1 that had literally just a couple of hundred miles on it and was used at the super bowl as a demo. It was allowed to be sold or leased basically as a new car. If they had been prepared to take another 11k off that price in lease cash like is currently being offered I would have been all over it. But the 52,000 was its final price.

I get that 52k demo since it is a year old now, I have a lease the exact same car but I am paying 100/mo less with nothing down also with the wear and tear package rolled in, but 15kyr. If one is paying 775/mo for 36 months on a 52k car than the rv would have to be around 35% on a sticker of 70650, that is what I do not understand.

I bought 2017 G90 5.0 RWD on September…
it was demo car…
they drove 2,500miles…
I paid 1,000down and first payment when I drive off
I paid 650 per month include tax.
36/15K
I like my deal.

My payment includes TT&L (in Texas). Not sure if that makes a difference.

I couldn’t justify paying over $700/mo for a Genesis, but congrats on the new car

yeah that would explain some of that with the crazy Texas taxes.