2018 Genesis G80 3.8 lease

The one with this crazy quote has 2,000 miles on it. They are discounting it to $47,500 (which is 11.5% of MSRP), and it is still $787/month.

If you have a good sales contact please let me know.

After all the searching I’ve done I’ve decided I might just buy a 2015 model… the 3.8 with premium package is going for about 20-25k with under 25k miles in couple places. It’ll be something fun to drive for a while and then I can easily switch out of in a couple years as it’s already taken it’s biggest depreciation hit… unless of course genesis tanks.

Sounds like a good deal, but I am not sure I trust the brand reliability enough to buy used. If it were a Lexus, different story.

Make sure you look into the “roof rattle” issue, some people were talking about that on another forum.

From the dealer “They increased the rebate, but they also increased the money factor.”

Well…that’s how a car with a much lower sales price has same monthly payment.

Wow. I was able to get all the rebates and base MF along with tax credit at that time…not sure how they can lease that without base MF…

If I could get that deal would lease tomorrow. It’s crazy. They are either totally disorganized in corporate, or they are re-postitioning as a super high end “take it or leave it” brand, and think it will work because of all the good press.

With the low sales, it doesn’t seem to be working. How do you like the car and more importantly the dealerships for service?

I like the car a lot. Wife thinks it’s too big and waiting for G70 but I doubt that will lease well. Especially with all the features that comes standard.

642 G80 sales in June

5500 in lease incentives this month through 7/31

154 G90 sales in June

Between 10k and 10,250 for lease and bonus cash depending on trim, this means sub 1% (even with VA tax) is possible even on a 36/15 most likely, given a good enough dealer incentive.

Currently in VA for 36/15.
.00006 and 40%
$9250 lease cash (There is also bonus cash, and some dealer have extra “certificates” which equate to holdback cash I believe).

http://carsalesbase.com/us-car-sales-data/genesis/genesis-g90/.

Cast your net far and wide.

@austindave

Yes it is a shit show and they flip flop on this more than a politician, but they need to move some of these because they keep talking about building the brand organically without the crazy ads etc. They want people in these cars.

1 Like

Interesting. Is that for the G90?

You can get really sub 1% of sales price?

This makes sense. In the G90s segment, leasing is about as popular as buying. As I noted above, Hyundai had to decide if they were going to support the brand with lease incentives since very few people would chose a G90 over a well equipped 5 series if the lease price was the same. Hyundai appears to have decided that they will support the brand and try to bring lease prices below that of a 5 series.

Lexus broke into the game when leasing was less popular which allowed them to sell cars on value. Leasing makes that harder since even if the MSRP is 15% less, if residual is also 15% less you can’t undercut the Germans on lease pricing. Hyundai is going to have to be willing to take a bath on leases for, IMO about a decade, if they want to get Gensis established.

So if a G90 is $60k MSRP, and after incentives it’s $50k, you can really lease for $500/month?

Would be strange since G80 sports are leading at $7-800/month.

Is this for real? I’d love a G90

I don’t know that a G90 is apples to apples on a 5 series more g80 on that 90 is vs 7 series and S territory (those are still benchmarks and ultimate luxury but significantly more expensive). They are going for value in each segment, it does about 85% of loaded out 5 and 7’s respectively. I have a G90 daily driver in the family. @austindave the deal was below (note at the time uber incentive of 1k could have applied but family member did not want to do that). Also mentioned in the post was the dealer discount was not even the highest. I had dealers with White/tan and Grey/tan under 60k, family member wanted Blk/Blk which was harder combo to find. I contacted about 40 dealerships because if you are leasing this car you have enough to ship it or get on a plane. If you have the time to put the work in, I think there is a sub 1 deal for both cars, but I don’t think the g80’s will lease like the 15/16 leases some members got here.

2017 G90 Premium RWD 3.3

MSRP: [$69,075]
Selling Price: [$62,242]
Rebates: [12750 lease, 1500 loyalty, 1000 (2x dealer bonus cash certs)]
Trade-in: [$0]

Months: [36]
Annual Mileage: [15,000]

MF: [.00005]
Residual: [39%]

Security Deposit: [$0]
Total Due At Signing: [$659] 1st month.
Monthly Payment (incl. tax): [$659]

Sales Tax Rate: [4.15% VA]

So definitely possible. Look like some regions have down payment match of up to $500 also.

1 Like

Looking at dimensions you are definitely right. G80 = 5 series. I do think my point holds though that they have to be able to undercut 5 series on lease prices or they are not gonna lease many G80s. G90s are a bigger question since they are already way cheaper to lease than 7 series. Of course, the 7 series is as much a status symbol as a car. G90 is a very very nice car for someone who cares more about features than badge.

1 Like

Dealer just emailed me 55% residual and .00053 MF for a G90.

The sales price is $54,825 after $10k rebates.

Monthly is $849

Is the dealer seriously marking up the MF or are your numbers off?

Need more info and region, - Also you need to speak with 10+ dealers on this car, I literally called from Oregon to VA and in between. I got responses from $1600 dealer discounts to 10K+ dealers discounts.

MSRP would be helpful.

Edmunds will give you mf and rv for your region

Numbers are right, mf varies by trim 5.0 has much higher. 55% are you sure? -

The local Texas dealership must be making up numbers. I’m not surprised. I’ll ask for the regional deal on Edmonds.

Update: they admitted to marking up the money factor, to “offset” their dealer discount. Lol.

226 days on the lot - OK

Here

218 - TX

Here

I’d guess some incentives are applied but reach out to everyone

1 Like

It is just anecdotal but I believe that when cars sit for a long time, big dealership chains are more likely to move them at a big discount. Those big groups have consultants and in house people that can tell them the cost of a car sitting for 9 months. Smaller dealerships are much more likely to cling to old view of better to sell a car for Y after 10 months instead of Y*.85 in 60 days.

1 Like

You are awesome. Thank you.

1 Like