2018 Genesis G80 3.8 lease

Has anyone gotten a good lease on a 2018 Genesis G80 3.8 in the past few months? I’ve shopped a few dealers in the last month and they’ve all quoted me at ridiculous prices north of 700 bucks on models with an MSRP of between 47k-51k with first month payment down. None of them seem to be willing to move on sales price either. Anyone have any info on when we should see better leases for this brand and model or have any tips on where to search for a good deal? Any tips would be much appreciated.

For reference I’m in South Carolina and have been shopping for a 36/15 lease.

1 Like

The only hope is to wait until the G70 and see if that changes anything.

I’ve been trying to get a G80 sport and found the same thing.

Maybe they will offer better deals at some point but it’s not now.

It seems they are trying to position themselves as a low volume high price brand.

Maybe they feel they can do that because of the good recent press.

My guess is the dealers sell tons of Hyundai so they are in no rush to sell any Genesis and happy to have them sit on the lots.

The residual value dropped significantly, so I will not be able to replicate the 2015 deal on my H Genesis 3.8 RWD Tech 1 pckg - $360. I will extend the lease for 6 more months by calling HMF.
There will not be similar leases.

Do you think they might start throwing out huge incentives once the 2019s hit? From what I can see in my area all G80’s have just come to complete hault so I have to imagine they’ll do something. I’ve actually seen some online going 10-15% off msrp already which leads me to believe they’re in beginning stages of feeling some pressure to move units.

https://forum.leasehackr.com/t/no-wonder-why-the-genesis-leases-arent-as-good-as-they-used-to-be/40406/31

My local dealer still has ‘17s on the lot. They don’t seem to be in any rush to move inventory. They also only have a few vehicles.

Either corporate is working through stuff or they are positioning themselves as super high end “take it or leave it” type brand.

I’m not sure who would pay $750/month for a Genesis, but maybe they are betting that some people will now that the reputation is better.

If things don’t change soon I’m moving on. My guess is when the G70 hits America they might try to move the old G80 or 90.

thats G90 territory from feb, for reference. This was from dealer in NC. Also note PNW had even better pricing at the time but not on colors desired.

2019 G90 RWD 3.3

MSRP: [$69,075]
Selling Price: [$62,242]
Rebates: [12750 lease, 1500 loyalty, 1000 (2x dealer bonus cash certs)]
Trade-in: [$0]

Months: [36]
Annual Mileage: [15,000]

MF: [.00005]
Residual: [39%]

Security Deposit: [$0]
Total Due At Signing: [$659] 1st month.
Monthly Payment (incl. tax): [$659]

Sales Tax Rate: [4.15% VA]

Geez a 39% residual. Granted 15k miles but still.

1 Like

If they bump that residual up they will lease a TON more of these cars. They can’t compete with other brands with the current structure.

1 Like

Yeah the discounts look aggressive.

what have you seen or heard?

Sales for the g80 are significantly down this year versus last year but they don’t seem to be in a hurry to move these things. If you’re in buying mode there are some fantastic deals on used 2017’s. Something has got to give by the time 2019’s are ready to roll.

2 Likes

From what I’ve read they ended lease support for the 2017 at the end of April and I just can’t justufy purchasing a genesis due to how rapidly they’ve been deprecating. I just wish someone could knock some sense into these folks because the G80 and G90 would sell like hotcakes if they rolled out some even halfway decent deals. Looks like I’ll be waiting till the 4th quarter or early 2019 unfortunately.

1 Like

Hyundai kinda was screwing it up in q1 and q2, they were trying to consolidate the genesis dealerships and they were purchasing cars back from low allotment dealers for invoice. Spoke to a few pissed managers in my search. They then backtracked on this after the national conference I believe.

Genesis seems to have some lease rebates this month. I got a quote today with $5500 of rebates for the G80 sport. Which is $4,000 more than last quote. The sales price was $4,000 less but THE MONTHLY PAYMENT WAS ONE DOLLAR A MONTH CHEAPER.

What a joke - the guy says “We have a new deal this month” and it’s EXACTLY THE SAME MONTHLY

They are playing games with the money factor

I wonder how much profit loss it’ll take for them to figure it out. I’m sure Hyundai sales are more than covering their asses for now but at some point having these cars sit for 600+ days is going to start burning them. Where are you located if you don’t mind me asking? When I went to a local dealer yesterday (SC) I was told they had no rebates or lease cash available for the G80 3.8, 5.0, or the sport. Only minimal offers on the G90. Did you ask them for the MF they built your deal with?

1 Like

Did residual change? Looking on CarMax, 2017 G80s with 10K-20K miles are going for around 35k. This is after the CarMax mark up so at auction they probably are at or below 40% for an off lease car with 20k+ miles.

Hyundai needs to decide how much they want to support the brand. I can lease a moderately optioned five series without haggling for 600 bucks a month. G80 might offer more features for the sale price but it’s leasing the same or worse than a fairly comparable BMW. To get established they have to undercut BMW, including on leases, and they are not doing so. How many people are going to choose a Genesis over a five series for about the same price, even if Genesis is better equipped. My guess is a low percentage - that Bavarian Roundel is a valuable trademark.

What about buying and not leasing a Genesis? Anyone look at doing that?

If they are discounting but the lease deals suck, that could be an option

I don’t know how anyone is buying one of these cars with the future being so uncertain. Especially since it seems you have to deal with the typical Hyuandai dealer experience. It’s much easier to get a BMW or Lexus and know you get a nice dealership, and perhaps less witchcraft in the sales process.

Too bad. It’s a really nice car.

Or look into a demo (2800 miles) one if they have it. I picked up a 2017 G80 in Jan 2018…with discount of 12% along with the rebates. Came out to be 368 a month and I’m in Texas too…