2018 F80 M3 lease deal. SoCal

I posted as a reply in other thread but I think I will create a new one instead. I just got the lease deal from a dealer tonite. Can anyone point it out is it a good deal or is it a bad one? This is probably the biggest discount I can ask for now from dealers in SoCal.

2018 F80 M3

36months
15k miles per year
$0 down ($2189.17 minimum drive off)
58% residual
MF: .00152
$3750 incentive assuming BMW loyalty
$4000 off MSRP
MSRP of $79865
Total Cap Cost: $76870
Monthly payment $925.95+tax

Is the total cap cost including tax?

Thanks,

Louis

Cap Cost doesn’t include tax. You should be able to lower your cap cost down to invoice which is generally 7% off your MSRP. I haven’t seen a whole lot of dealers quoting below invoice.

Yeesh that’s M6 demo money man…approaching i8 territory also…

At that price I’d seriously be looking at a cpo or off lease m3 instead. I think BMW still offers near 0% financing? Get a 5 year loan, and once you get bored of it sell it privately or dealer trade, total ownership cost would be way less than the nearly $35k your current deal provides.

EDIT: ran some numbers based on kbb trade in value on a 2012 m3 with 60k miles assuming you bought a cpo 2015 with 15k miles in socal for $50k, seems trade in would be about 25k, so potentially a $25k ownership cost vs $35k. Just food for thought. The 2015 m3 is essentially the same as the newest one.

I want to lease a new this time. And the minimum mileage I put on car is around 12XXX miles per year. Cannot reduce it by any means, and need to add up some margin room. So it needs to be 15k miles per year. If you put 10k mile per year the payment will be lower dramatically, but it is not my case.

And 2015 m3 is different than the 2018, at least the comp package where usually older m3 F80 wont have it.

I saw some have cap cost posted as after tax and some doesn’t. Regardless of the cap cost and discount, other number dealer gave me seems fine. I think the only negotiating point is the discount. Dealer has been hard on that and I don’t think I can cut it more.

Try the Bay Area dealers. You will find more discounts there.

Generally, I have always found SoCal dealers to be competitive than BayArea ones. (specifically for luxury brands)

I believe this to be the case, too.

Most of the time yes, but we rarely will we let go of NEW M cars for a good price. We have too much demand to settle…

In case you haven’t seen it this car is still available.