2018 Cx9 GT AWD

Just got a quote for 2018 Mazda CX9 GT AWD

MF. 000621 RV 61%
ZERO down and $2190 due at signing.

$339/MONTH with tax. What do you guys think?

Man I need this deal!

Only thing I’m trying figure out is the 2190 due at signing. Seems rather high. What do you guys think?

Probably includes all tax, DMV, doc fee, bank fee. So all your monthly payment consists of is depreciation

Guess I’ll be pulling the trigger on this deal.

Can’t roll in taxes?

Guess I could but I don’t see the benefit. Wouldn’t I be paying interest on that portion?

Definitely a great deal. Mazda SUV’s are notoriously hard to get a sub 1% lease deal on, let alone one that good!

They are also worth every penny. I’d take a CX9 GT at that payment anyday over a more expensive BMW or Audi loaner deal in a heartbeat.

1 Like

It’s an effective $400/mo deal as true sign and drive (only 1st month at signing) at 10k/yr. I’d say its a good deal, but not great. Just my opinion. It’s all relative.

It’s still a great deal for a Mazda suv. Anything under 1% is. They sell without Mazda even trying, not to mention the quality is beyond most luxury brands in the grand touring trim.

Hey from your experience what are the advantages and disadvantages of rolling in your taxes and fees to monthly payments? I’ve always paid fees upfront. Never seen true sign and drive with Mazda before.

Looks like a decent deal but if you go on CX-9 forums people are reporting more than 10% dealer discounts, perhaps negotiate the dealer discount without mentioning the E plan? Oh and one more thing I saw your post on Edmunds as well, what is the $1,100 rebate you are getting?

If interest rate is low, rolling them in is preferable because you aren’t paying interest on them. Paying them upfront saves on the monthly but those costs are potentially unrecoverable if the vehicle is totaled.

Have you compared the CX9 to the QX60 which you might be able to lease for a bit less this month?

I did look but it was significantly higher. Unless you’ve seen better deals. Do you have an example?

Here is a link to @HN308’s thread which has some fantastic pricing on QX60s, either through his dealer or through @nyclife. These offers are in the NE, but can be leveraged for other markets.

Too bad I’m in NY. No MSD for me… Also these look like one off deals and not the norm…

He has stated his dealer will honor the pricing, so more available than just a one off. Without MSD and No VPP, still about 370/mth on a 39/10. If you were interested in that vehicle (some think the tech is old and have disqualified it because of that), then something to consider.

My fiancee is currently driving a 17 cx9 GT AWD. The infotainment system on it is miserable and we have been rather underwhelmed by it overall. It does drive nice though. Would love to get rid of it if we could. I’d look hard at the QX60 unless you’re set on the cx9.

What car are you comparing to? I know infotainment is not the most advanced but it gets the job done for me. I’ve heard apply car and android car update is coming via software update.

The infotainment on my wife’s 2017 CX-9 is better than my BMW with tech package so I guess it depends on your expectations. By the way, the overall interior fit and finish of the CX-9 is better than my $48k BMW.