2018 Chevrolet Volt Lease Proposal - $415 mo + $0 DAS - Please Advise

Hey all,

First time poster, but long time reader. Please let me know if I need to edit something to make it right. I received this proposal today and am curious on your thoughts. It’s zero money down, 36 months @ $415/month. Doesn’t seem to really break down the rebates, but seems like a decent amount.

Thank you in advance,

Jarrett

1 Like

The only problem with leasing an electric/ plug in hybrid or hybrid is that you don’t get the federal tax break.

Also, if you only need 10K a year I don’t see the benefit of an expensive payment hybrid, personally I would go with another fuel efficient car with much cheaper payments.

Most of the time the bank passes on the rebate to the lessee, so this point is invalid

Ok, i stand corrected, sounds good then.

the discount is small. In CA you can get around a 3.5-4K discount. 3.5 would save you $45 a month.

Money factor of 0.00176 seems high, unless you’re getting less than a tier 1 rate.

Do you get a rebate from the state of Oregon and/or your utility company for getting a plug-in hybrid?

Have you got a lease currently? There should be a rebate for that.

Chevy seems to have handsome discounts for doing a one pay lease. Can you put in $7-8K to start the lease?

Look into supplier discounts. If you work for a large company, you may have one.
Also, generally, the LT models lease much better than the premiums.
We just picked up a loaded LT, (comfort, leather, confidence, etc.) in San Diego for $8500 on pay. Would be quite a bit higher on zero down.

@Bohicasd wow that sounds like a great deal. Can you please share details? What was the MSRP of the car?

We live in Washington, but I’ll check with the utility company.

We do have a lease, I’ll check on that as well.

I’ll ask about paying more about front to get a discount, great idea.

Thank you!