2018 Buick Enclave Essence FWD 39/10k MSRP $45,690 - $1,250 DAS - $407.83/month + tax *UPDATE*

I am working with a dealer on a 2018 Buick Enclave Essence FWD. I have 4 remaining payments on my current lease which total $903.68. This is the last deal offered which I am not accepting but want to know how much more I should try to negotiate for.

MSRP: $45,690
Sale Price: $43,500 (5%)
DAS: $1,000
Terms: 39/10k
MF: 0.00119
Residual: 57%
Incentives: $4,566.60

• $2,250 Lease Cash
  • $500 Bonus Cash
  • $1,000 Lease Loyalty
  • $816.60 Student Discount
    Region: Illinois
    Monthly Payment: $495 (Includes Tax and the 4 payments on my remaining lease)

I confirmed I do not qualify for a pull-ahead program. How does this current offer look? What should I target for Sales Price discount/monthly payment. I like the dealer I am working with and don’t want to ask for something unreasonable. Any help is appreciated. Thanks guys.

My local dealer is clearing out all Buicks instock.
The Enclave is getting 12% off:

2018 Buick Enclave

0% FINANCING FOR 72 MONTHS

OR

12% BELOW MSRP ON MOST MODELS

12% off is likely only valid on purchases. I suggest reading the fine print

Yea, seems unlikely based on the quotes I’ve gotten so far in my area. My thought was to try and get another $1,500 - $2,000 off and maybe even put down an extra $500 to lower the monthly payments.

Is there a reason you want the car now versus in a few months when you will not need to roll 900 bucks into the lease? If not, I don’t think this deal is the sort you won’t be able to replicate in 3 months and at that time you will be saving 20 buck a month due to rolling over less negative equity.

Well I have a new baby on the way due in November and will need a 3rd row since I’ll have 2 car seats (plus a 3rd kid). I can technically wait but don’t want to be put in a situation where I am not in control or have no leverage due to a time crunch. And also I don’t want to risk a loss of incentives even though they aren’t great.

1 Like

He just called me and said if I put $1,500 down at signing, he can do $452 a month which includes tax.

Do $1000 drive off and $452 a month tax inc.
The incentives are not as good as 2 months ago plus 2019s are already on lot. With not a lot of 18s left, u might miss out and then may have to wait longer for the 2019s to come down.

1 Like

I said $1000 down and I would be in tomorrow but $1500 I’m on the fence. I ended up saying maybe we can compromise at $1250 down which he will ask his manager tomorrow. I assume he will agree. Is that still a decent deal for a 3rd row SUV?

WIth the rolled in negative of $1000 due to no pull ahead, and assuming your taxes in Chicago are 10%+ yes its a decent deal for this month as incentives are lower than what they were 2 months ago.
To compare, 2 months ago, these were $373+tax with 700 due at signing. But then, no one knows if incentives get better next month or not as 2019s are already showing on dealer inventories. Ask them to give you complimentary tire and wheel insurance.

Price seems fair. Have you looked at any other 3 row SUVs. The QX60 comes to mind since those seem to be leasing for around 400 a month with MSDs. The MDX+ tech package is another option at about the same price point as the Enclave with the plus of driving a bit better but somewhat outdated tech and definitely smaller. MDX does have more safety features at similar price point.

But if you need the Enclave’s size and with your time deadline approaching, this deal seems good if not great.

Thanks QX60 was the next choice but I hadn’t reached out to any dealers on that. My wife is tempted sell her car and maybe replace with it. We will see.

Thanks for the help guys. Closed yesterday. What do you think?

Congrats ! With that negative you did good.

1 Like