2018 BMW 320i $230/mo $0 DAS *Signed*

So I negotiated this deal for my friends who just got married. Brought the car home tonight! Let me know what you think of the deal.

2018 BMW 320i loaner w/ 4.8k miles
MSRP: 35895
Sale: 27,195 (before incentives)
Incentives: 3000
MF: .00182
RV: 62.94 (adjusted for mileage)
Doc fee: 80
Acq fee: 925
Reg: ~30

24 month term. 10k miles/year
$0 due at signing
Monthly including tax: $230/mo

If i add $1k loyalty or grad I’m getting a SUB 200 payment on this deal. I wish my friend qualified for loyalty or grad but they didnt qualify for either unfortunately. Still a SPANKING deal if you ask me. They’re driving a BMW for the price of a civic or Corolla Lol.

Disclaimer: I am NOT a broker, just a frequent reader of these forums. This is only the 3rd lease I’ve ever negotiated and learned from everyone here. Thanks to all the major contributors for leveling the playing field for us!

18 Likes

This is a great deal!! Congrats! What option does it has?

1 Like

Awesome deal. Congratulations!

Can you please share the dealer info? I am in LA and would take this deal.

Sounds like a good deal. You could have saved another $15/mo if you had the dealer waive the acq fee for a .0005 MF markup.

5 Likes

Congrates on your bud ! Must be a great ride with great payment

1 Like

Wow awesome price! The $3000 incentives, is that just a lease incentives currently available (by regions usually)?

Yes, its a lease incentive available for a 3 series loaner in my region(Southern California). However, double check BMWusa.com as for new 3 series units my region is showing $4k in lease credit available.

Quick question guys. Does the MF for a loaner 320 the same as it is for a new one? I assume not? Also how would I find the RV for the loaner?

Can you please share the dealer details?

MF is the same, that’s just the loan rate.

RV is ((MSRP*RV)-((mileage-500) *.25))/msrp

So MSRP=40000 RV=60% mileage=4500
(40,000*.6)=24,000 -1,000=23,000/40,000=57.5%

4 Likes

Thank you!

A few words of advice for those of you asking for dealer info.

It doesn’t matter what dealership I got this car from. I had to contact several. Search for a vehicle online (cargurus, autotrader etc.)that is already discounted rather heavily and been on the lot for a while. Then call in and settle on a before rebates/cash sale price(~20-23% off for a loaner). Then do the math in the lease hackr calculator and if that sale price gets you the deal you’re looking for tell them you would like to lease it and provide them with all of the factors to calculate the lease. More often than not they’ll hide some inflated variable and tell you the payment you offered is impossible. This will be either incompetence with the employee, or more likely, a blatant lie.

Be persistent. If they don’t bite, then walk away. Try another dealership and car.

Sometimes it helps to show face and go into the dealership after you’ve made contact and agreed to a sale price, but you gotta be keen to the psychology and sales tactics that are typically present in dealerships. If you’re not ready for that or unsuccessful, then Employ the help of one of the reputable brokers on here.

Edit: Grammar/Typo

7 Likes

Man id do this if i fit in one

It helps to know which dealers are open to large discounts even if not looking for the exact car. For instance Bob Smith and rusnak will hit 12% if youre lucky on a loaner but other dealers will go 12% on a new car on their first offer. All data helps others.

Loaners are one of a kind deals, as to all the factors your noted above, as long as people don’t go wanting the same deal it doesn’t hurt to share.

Makes sense. However, i’m currently working on one more deal for my sister over there. After I get another I’ll share the location. Meanwhile, I think it would make things complicated to have several strangers from the internet inquiring about what will be the same few units they have left. Especially if the other folks inquiring aren’t experienced.

2 Likes

Most commonly they will tell you “That is the sale price if you finance” once you tell them you want to lease, because of different incentives. If they want to get rid of the car, then they might play ball. Like in this case.

I communicated with quite a few BMW dealer the last 2 months. It’s easier to tell them straight up that you are leasing and negociate the sale price for leasing.
You can’t really “bait and switch” on them. They still hold the patent

But indeed, find the cars with the largest sale discount even if it is a finance price and negociate for those cars. Just be upfront that you are interested in leasing and start negociating.

I also found Carfax to be useful as well as bmwusa.com pre-owned. Save some of the dealers that you know give good discounts and check their stocks periodically

Yea, I checked online too, and it show $4000 incentives and not $3000, so I was just wondering if your friend could have had cheaper :stuck_out_tongue:

They’re adding all the incentives you might not qualify for, lease cash, college, and loyalty.

1 Like

Hmm well that’s confusing, per my understanding, lease cash is just lease cash, and other incentives such as loyalty/college grad are stacking on top of that. In this case, it should have been $4000, and not $3000, so I still don’t know where that number coming from. I might lease another 3 series, so for my calc, it should be $4000 lease cash + loyalty/college grad (I have both)