BMW 2018 340i loaner

I’ve been looking for a 340i loaner- after having visited BMW Mountain View today here in the Bay Area, it doesn’t look like they (or any of the stores they have access to) have any in stock in the 53-55k MSRP price range (42-44K after 20% off before applying rebates)

I guess the next step would be to venture south towards LA? or to consider 330i/430i loaners

1 Like

Bay Area has tech money. Go to SoCal. A couple of client advisors are registered as dealers so check the list

1 Like

Thanks, I reached out

@Greg404, I’ve done quite a bit of searching for loaners. Haven’t seen any 340s or 440s. East coast, but still.

These are all 340 loaners. Not sure of Msrp, but the difference between a $54k car and a $58k is like 45 a month all else being equal.

1 Like

Long time lurker, love that first 340 from GA, is that considered a good sale price?

Theres a couple in Arkansas. By far the lowest sale prices.

https://www.bmwofnwa.com/wholesale-new/BMW/2018-BMW-3+Series-rogers-ar-4aa77e510a0d0c143f229fc14c0e3fb2.htm

https://www.bmwofnwa.com/wholesale-new/BMW/2018-BMW-3+Series-rogers-ar-55cf30ba0a0d04fe4a0bbf1811d32c53.htm

Springfield New Jersey is advertising $369/month with $2995 down on two 340i m-sports
https://www.bmwofspringfieldnj.com/used-vehicles/loaner-car-specials/

1 Like

The 2nd one from Arkansas looks good, although I’m not sure what the mileage is. I’ve only leased cars in California, how would leasing across states work?

@conanohasselhof @notaleasepro

Can you add tips for people to find loaners in this thread?

They’re both under 5k miles. I checked with the online chat. I think one is 4300 and the other is 4500.

I don’t think leasing across state lines works any differently. People report buying from other states a lot on the forums.

I see- so that means I would have to pay for shipping from Arkansas to SF which probably is around 1.5-2K

I just Google individual dealers and see if they have loaners or demos. It isn’t very efficient, and might miss some vehicles.

Probably less. I’ve shipped from CA to FL for $800. Maybe closer to $1000 from Arkansas? Usually the dealer helps arrange it

Gotcha- to be honest I would rather stay in California. Hopefully SoCal will turn out to be more reasonable than the Bay Area- the dealers here are completely spoiled by people who don’t negotiate

The easiest way to search for bmw loaners/demos is go to cars.com or autotrader, etc. Search for used, and the car and year, 2018 in this case. Almost every 2018 at a bmw dealership with less than 5000 miles will be a demo. Check the carfax, it will say something like “dealer took possession”.

To piggyback/add to this, if it says “personal lease,” it won’t qualify for a loaner lease. These aren’t common, but they’re out there.

I prefer using cargurus, seems more dealer inventory shows up on there and I can adjust the slider for mileage to 5000 exact. You can do it on cars.com too but you need to play with the url

Thank you all for the helpful tips!