2017 Tacoma Double Cab TRD Sport 4x4 Manual - $183/mo plus tax

Thank you!

20 characters

NICE!!! 84% 36 month RV is insane!

2 Likes

Here are the US Bank numbers I got for August. The residual on the TRD Sport manual dropped 1% and the MF increased by .0005, which would have added about $14/month to my payment. That will still be by far the cheapest to lease through US Bank. For some reason, the residuals are 8% lower on automatics than manuals, and 6% lower on Off Roads than Sports.

MF All Trims: .0014
Residual for 36 month lease with 10k/year (subtract 1% for 12k):
TRD Sport Double Cab Manual 4x4 - 83%
TRD Sport Double Cab Automatic 4x4 - 75%
Off Road Double Cab Manual 4x4 - 77%
Off Road Double Cab Automatic 4x4 - 69%

I didn’t get the trim-specific price caps to apply those residuals, but I assume the manuals are still at $36,900. For what it’s worth, I really like the manual so far and have seen some complaints about the auto on Tacoma forums. Between the increased MSRP and the swing in residual, the autos are going to cost close to $100/month more than the manuals.

Toyota West in Columbus does have a few TRD Sport manuals left in stock if anyone’s interested – just ask for Dean.

84% residual??? Damn, great deal.

But US Bank, boo.

Awesome residual.

Why boo for USBank though?

Interesting read. Thank you. I wonder how the residual are with Toyota Financial

Do you happen to have his email

Can you please message me or post here how exactly to get this deal? All the Toyota sites are over 350$ for lease specials this month with money down and I have no idea how you pulled this. Thanks

My first step was to find a dealers that had TRD Sport manuals and ask if they were able to run leases through U.S Bank or a CULA (a credit union leasing program). I did that by emailing an internet sales manager. It seemed like most dealers were only willing to use Toyota Financial Services, which didn’t have competitive rates last month. Once I found a dealer that worked with US Bank, I asked them to quote me their best selling price and 36 month/10k yr lease payment. I told them that I’d seen people getting 8-9% off MSRP and wanted the selling price to be in that range. The dealer I used offered 7% off right away, had a lower doc fee than most, and didnt play games with the lease numbers -
the quoted payment exactly matched the Leasehackr calculator for the money factor and residual. They ultimately agreed to do about 8% off. Probably didn’t hurt that it was 7/31.

Man am I psyched I found this. I live and work 15 miles from Toyota West…I was actually there a few weeks ago drooling on a 2016 LC.

Anyway, I’ve been looking to trade in my Genesis sedan for something cheaper and was just looking at civics and jettas, thinking that’s what I could get for my $200/mo goal. BUT WOW, if I can get one of these instead, I’ll be thrilled. Hadn’t even considered this price point but that residual makes all the difference in the world.

Heading over today hopefully getting the same spec as the OP (in quicksand), fingers crossed.

1 Like

By the way, who gave you the residual values for the leases through US bank? I called them up and they said they only deal directly with the dealer and that the dealers will most likely not reveal the residual values to me.

I knew the residuals on some trims from deals that others had posted on here. I asked the dealer about the additional versions I was interested in and they told me. I wouldn’t lease through a dealer that refuses to share the residual and mf. I did post the August residuals and mfs for TRD Sports and Off Roads above in this thread.

Excellent, going to go in today and hopefully come out with the car!

1 Like

Please read the US Bank thread that was linked here so you know exactly what you’re getting into.

I think if you get a Tacoma TRD for 183 a month, then you can put up with the inconvenience of US Bank. But don’t get it if you need to haul bricks or concrete or rocks daily :slight_smile:

3 Likes

only lease a city truck. you would be crazy to lease a work truck that you know will get beat up. especially if you have employees beating on it.

2 Likes

Has anyone replicated this deal? Or gotten close? My credit union doesn’t currently offer leasing finance so I have to open a new account. Does anyone have a suggestion for a bank to do this through so I don’t have to use US Bank (don’t want to after reading that experience post).Although I looked around and that residual is higher than what I’ve seen/heard of. Thanks.

1 Like

Great find OP. This is the kind of stuff leasehacking is about

2 Likes

RVguy posted on another thread that CULA has similar residuals and mentioned a dealer in New Jersey that runs leases through Visions Credit Union. If that’s not in your area, maybe he could point you to another Toyota dealer signed up to do CULA leases.