2017 Charger Scat Pack Lease Deal

Need some wisdom from the experts here. Went to my local Dodge store and they were pretty transparent with the terms. 2017 Challenger Scat Pack.

On 24mo leases (10k miles) they weren’t able to get any better than ~479/mo with US Bank, (.0013 MF and 75% residual, $0 cash out of pocket),

Below is the 36 month lease, which seems more palatable, Residual is 69%, and MF is .0013.

$41,700 MSRP
Sales price: $40,228
$10 Govt fee
$399 doc fee
$1395 Capitalized taxes
$795 Acquisition Fee
$42,032 Gross cap cost
$1750 rebate ($750 from US Bank(?), $1000 conquest, they said this is all they know of that applies. Oklahoma for reference. (I have USAA, Amex, etc)
$1395 cash cap reduction
38,887 net cap cost
Amount paid by customer: $2558

36 Mos./10k miles, $369-379/Mo
Or, without the $1395 cash tax upfront, $409/Mo.

The other offer:

$1787 paid by customer,
$392/mo
with down $1395 cash(which is tax) (+fees)
without the $1395 it’s “$433-443/mo”

This dealer is inexperienced with leases, by their own admission very rarely doing them especially on these cars. Apparently its not a popular option in OK.

Am Considering ordering the car to my specifications so that I can ask for a USAA discount if one pops up by april, while the car is being made.

There is no IDL currently. Anything else I should know?

I thought mid-upper $300s/mo may be possible with Tier 1 credit, absolutely $0 down and 10k/mi leases. Thanks!

If they’re not experienced with leases you should be able to eat them alive, not the other way around which is what they’re currently doing.

@Buddyleecia , what do you suggest? What should i get to go differently? The pricing should be close to invoice in the above example.

The IDL bonuses in Jan that got people some great deals don’t seem to exist anymore. A dealer in KS told me there may be 1000 IDL on a 2016 Scat but I’m not sure about 2017. I think theres just 750 from ally/usbank. Thanks

They’re throwing a lot of different numbers and options at you which is confusing to deal with. Negotiate with a zero down first month only and work the lowest sales price possible. Use the RV MF forum to verify that you’re getting correct numbers. Since it doesn’t sound like you really need the car be willing to walk away and wait and see if incentives improve next month. Look at other regions in the US if you can afford to pick the car up or have delivery. On my 5 series i was working as far as Way St Louis when I live in Denver. It’s funny now because after I already signed a deal all the other dealers are coming back telling me they can do better offers then what they originally said was the best offer they could put on the table. Don’t sign just because it’s available sign because you’ve got the best deal possible.

But when do you know that you have the best deal possible lol? When you hear the slot machine jackpot ringing? Eventually people settle because they (a) got a deal they are happy with (b) they go better things to do than squeeze an extra $5 out of every single deal.

Obviously possible is a relative term. In this case he sounds like he’s taking a shitty deal simply because it’s available.

@vhooloo, @Buddyleecia

I wont take a mediocre deal. This is a 4th car that will replace another as a toy basically, so motivation isnt too high.

I was hoping to gain some insight on how to get a deal without that fat 3500 IDL bonus people were getting.

This has a low 9s leasehackr score so its not a smokin’ deal. There is only 1600 of markup from invoice on the bare bones base car, so i cant get a world of difference out of the price. The US Bank terms are good and the fees are all standard/fixed, (except the 399 doc fee, which is normal).

Please also consider that my state has a 3.25% tax bill, due upon sale, of the sale price of the car. It is not based on the lease payment, tax is the same on a lease or sale.

That’s nice vs the 7.65% tax here. It incentives purchase vs lease where you are. Does OK allow for excessive sales tax as a line item deduction on state tax?

@Buddyleecia
I am not much of a tax expert, I’m not sure.

Does anyone know what the Acquisition fee is for US Bank on the Scat Pack? Is it being marked up? I thought it was maybe $595, not 795.

Just tell the dealer you know it’s $595 and stop marking up fees. Tell them if they inflate fees, adjust MF etc you walk. You know what they are and are not going to play games chasing down hidden markups. If they insist its $795 Tell them have a nice day. Wait for them to fix it or offer to drop $200.

In January, the acquisition fee I paid to US Bank for a 2017 Charger Scat Pack was $695. Perhaps I overpaid by $100, but the rest of the deal I got was so solid (zero down, $336/mo for an MSRP $47,815 car) that I can’t complain.

Do you mind sharing who you got your deal through? I’ve been looking for a while and can’t find anyone willing to go low enough yet. Looking for any recommendations really! Thanks everyone.

@WIFLSP, that deal no longer is possible, the $3500 of “IDL” lease cash from January, from Dodge, is no longer being offered. Those leases wont be replicated unless a similar incentive is reintroduced.

There is currently a 750 incentive from Ally or US Bank though.

Yeah, I figured I wouldn’t get a deal that sweet. More looking for recommendations on dealers that are willing to make a customer happy and deal! I have a few months before my wife’s lease is up and am looking to get whatever I can get for the best deal between a scat pack, an ATS V, or a Sierra 1500 Denali.

This might not be the correct place to ask, but im asking anyways.

Does anybody know any good dealers in Florida that is willing to work with someone in leasing.
All the dodge dealers i’ve spoke to and e-mailed, sucks!

Thanks!

i am not familiar with the Florida dealers. A lot of times, dealers who do not want to work with someone who is leasing do not understand leases.

Seems like it. Majority don’t even respond back once i give them the number i’m looking for and some want me to drive hours and “promising” me i’ll get a great deal if i do. I’m looking out of state now. Any good Georgia, Alabama, SC dealers or any dealers around that area?

Hey Adler, I dealt with Shawn Donald at 789 Cobb Pkwy SE, Marietta, GA 30060 to sign a leas deal on Green Scat Pack. I’m from NYC area and my budget was around $400, in NY/NJ/CT I was getting around $500 lease deals. I don’t have all the details on my deal, but my MSRP was around $44K. I ended up getting $412 deal with $0 down just my first payment, they even rolled up NYC DMV fees into my payment. You can tell Shawn that Russell sent you.

3 Likes

Looks similar to mine! I got a Green Go scat pack as well. Congrats and enjoy it, best damn color out there.

Those who are looking check out steve white motors in NC.

What are you looking to do?