2017 BMW X3 xdrive28i + most features

Good deal on an X3. Hopefully they will discount the 2017 even more in a few months.

@cometcoins congrats on the X3! Seems like a great deal and Iā€™m sure youā€™ll enjoy it as much as we do! I wouldā€™ve loved to get that fleet incentive! At least if I get anther BMW Iā€™ll qualify for the loyalty next time (if it still exists). :slight_smile: I ended up declining all the stuff they tried to offer me at the end. It was tempting, but after everything Iā€™ve read it seems to be a waste of money. I guess since you got the $500 off, it might not be so bad. Just run flat tires alone could run you a grand. Thatā€™s one of those things Iā€™m most worried about when returning the car. I guess Iā€™m counting on either, a) I lease another car and hopefully the extra wear and tear gets ā€œforgivenā€ or b) I go on craigslist and find some cheap used run flats to replace the tires with that meet their criteria. Other than that, I just told my wife to be VERY careful. :stuck_out_tongue:

Hi ng0, thank you very much for sharing this! Could you pm me what dealership you asked for? I am on the x3 market and I wish to get the similar offer as yours. Thank you again for your potential help!

Hi cometcoins - Can you please share the dealership and sales person details?

I am looking for a similar deal and would like to get this!!

BTW - Your numbers looks great!!

@Art Sent you his info. Donā€™t think heā€™ll be able to match the deal, but hopefully heā€™ll at least help you get a good starting price to shop around. :slight_smile:

So finally got a text back from my sales guy. He said he wonā€™t likely be able to replicate the deal I got, but heā€™s very low pressure and right to the point. I recommend seeing what he can do, and at the very least you get a starting point and someone that wonā€™t jerk you around for half a day to get there. Then take his offer and shop it around all the other dealers in SoCal. :slight_smile:

@ng0 - Please send me your guyā€™s information. Iā€™m looking in Orange County for an X3 or comparable SUV. Iā€™m super flexible on make, model, and color.

@cometcoins, please PM me your dealer info. How many miles/yr?

Hi cometcoints, thanks for your sharing! Based on your input and a 63% residual, the number I ran out is 448 per monthā€¦could you inform me what other tricks/bonuses you have? Thanks!

IMO it is not worth it. Obviously the finance lady will tell you 99% of people get it but surely that cannot be true. You can read any such discussion on the many BMW-specific forums and thereā€™s no way that many people get it. So that should give you a sense of how truthful she was being.

If you have bought new (or mint condition used) cars before, you should have a sense of how much damage you incurred in a 36m time span. Even tires can be replaced by buying used ones with X mm of tread left.

LoL. You make a very good point. Sounds like 99% of statistics are made made up. :stuck_out_tongue:

Itā€™s actually 83% :raised_hand:

1 Like

But you should never believe what the Finance lady at the BMW dealership tells you 100% of the time. Thatā€™s a good statistic.

2 Likes

hahahaha, thatā€™s awesome. :slight_smile:

I think it is definitely worthā€¦ after paying $1000, you will be never worried about the dents on wheels by curbs, the dents and scratches on your new paint, the scratches on your leather seats, and the broken and missing plastic parts in your interior.

@cometcoins, we canā€™t put a price on how YOU feel about the warranty, after all, we wonā€™t be forking over the money for damaged tires/rims. On my last X5, I purchased a set of Continental tires, (not run flats) and kept the expensive Dunlopā€™s for a few months before lease return, I had a 15K yr lease. I had road side assistance so, that fact that they were not run flats didnā€™t matter. At lease return the 3 tires were within BMW specs and one on the inside of thread was lower, but they let it slide. BTW, the Contiā€™s rode much quieter and smoother than the Dunlopā€™s.

1 Like

If there were ever any doubt how high these products are marked upā€¦

But winning in the auto-dealer game is less about moving metal and more about selling finance, insurance and service products. Some dealers have their own finance arms, but most have strong relationships with so-called captive finance arms, such as Ford Motor Credit, or auto-finance giants such as Ally Financial.

Low interest rates have made it easier to offer cut-rate leases and auto loans. Dealers typically enjoy bigger margins on finance products than on the sale of a new or used car.

NADA in its 2014 industry report said new-vehicle profit-per-vehicle fell to $69 in 2013 from $111 the prior year. Used vehicles returned $254 in per-vehicle profit, up from $194 in 2012.

Finance and insurance products, meanwhile, can be money machines. Combined sales from F&I, service contracts and other products accounted for 38.8% of gross profit in the new- and used-vehicle departments in 2013.

wow! Almost 39% profit off finance and insurance products! Crazy!

@Art I also paid acq fee upfront, or at least I told them thatā€¦ Iā€™m not sure either how I got my payment after I look at the numbers again. $3725 driveoff minus the MSDs and 1st months payment doesnā€™t really leave any room for acq fee. But I listed everything as is from the long lease contract I received. Maybe they forgot to add the acq fee to my cap cost? :smiley: And I checked my amex statement, the dealer really only charged me the $3725.

Thank you for your explanation! I may look at the similar offer at the end of Januaryā€¦