2017 BMW i3 REX Lease Offer

Hi All,

I am so tired as i am unable to find a 2017 BMW i3 and the lowest MSRP that i found on a 2018 model is $52795. Does anyone know if any dealer in the tri-state area has 2017 i3’s in-stock? I am looking $0 cash down with a monthly payment of $150 - 200

Are 2017 i3’s even leasable?

Sure, as a cash based residual lease. :face_vomiting:

Edit: OP - You won’t find any in that payment range anymore.

That can be said about any new 2016/2017/etc BMW though?

Correct, or used! (20202020)

I am trying to find additional incentivites on top of the $2500 loyalty + $7500 Federal credit on the 2018. I don’t qualify for fleet or military. What incentives can i add for a 2018 i3?

1 Like

Depending on which state you would register, NJ has electric cars tax free and both NY/CT have state incentives which are point of sale rebates so the dealer will reduce the sales price for you and than claim it back from the state.

You could also use BMW OL code which is another 1K.

HN.

Beauty of this site! Just registered here: http://winatriptothefareast.eventsbmw.com/ and got the 1k OL code. Hopefully the dealer accepts this code.

1 Like

I haven’t been able to get anything worthwhile either. I’ve found one service loaner and one new (both 2018) that are fully loaded in features (professional nav/HK/moonroof) in PA/NJ/DE/MD/NY/VA/NC/SC/GA/FL. Pricing is terrible so far, they’re not giving more than 7% off at the moment for either of them. I’m searching more states this week.

Even with all the incentives it’s still in the $400/mo range.

As stated by @HN308, look for a car with the lowest MSRP and ask the sales guy to give a discount of 11-13% on the MSRP. What i have seen is most of the dealerships in NJ are giving a discount 6-7% by default and this being a good time (Memorial day + end of the month) it should work.

Then you can stack all of the discounts based on what you have available (Fed Incentive’s (applicable for everyone) + Loyalty (If anyone in the family owns a BMW) + OL Code ( http://winatriptothefareast.eventsbmw.com) + Fleet discount (if your employer participates)). This should bring down the monthly payment to $190 - $250/ month for 12k/24 month (This only applies if you stay in NJ due to the no tax policy on the EV’s).

The only other thing apart from getting most discount of MSRP and applying all rebates is to make sure that the MF is not padded.

The base MF is 0.00166 so you could waive off the bank fee of $925 and take the higher MF of 0.00216 and get a discount for one pay and get it back down to 0.00186.

This is something that works on 24 months lease as with longer term leases its a wash with getting bank fee removed and paying higher MF.

Punch the above MF combinations in Calculator and see what works best in your situation.

HN.

Since the article in Bloomberg about the unicorn i3 deal in NJ, maybe dealers are getting lots of inquiries? This usually results in them holding back while (they think) demand is up.

@HN308 I quite didn’t get the higher MF part. So if i take the higher MF and get the bank fee waived off, how do i go back down to 0.00186 since it remains the .00216 after i accept the highter MF. Correct? Can you please explain this. Also do i need to talk to the finance manager about this or the sales person about this option?

You pay higher MF to waive bank fee and than do one pay lease to get a discount of 0.00030 and bring it back to 0.00186 from 0.00216.

The sales person has usually no clue about this so don’t bring it up with him. All you do is get the best sales price and make sure that you can apply all the incentives you intend to do to come at the agreed cap cost.

What’s an OL code? I haven’t heard of that before @johncena

The online code is a redemption code that is provided to you once you register for this event: http://winatriptothefareast.eventsbmw.com/