2017 BMW 330i XDrive Loaner - $248/month plus tax on $56,330 MSRP

Year, Make, Model, and Trim: 2017 BMW 330i XDrive Sedan - Mineral Gray over Saddle Brown leather. Loaded with M-Sport Package, Premium Package (keyless entry, moonroof, lumbar adjustment, satellite radio), Tech Package (nav, bigger screen with iDrive 5.0, heads-up display, advanced real-time traffic, and app integration), Driving Assistance Package (rear-view camera and parking sensors); Driving Assistance Plus Package (blind spot detection, surround-view cameras, and active driving assistant with auto emergency braking, lane keeping assist, etc.); Lighting Package (adaptive full LED headlights with auto high beams); heated seats; and stainless steel pedals.

MSRP: $56,330
Selling Price: $41,888 (26% off)
Rebates: $3,000
Selling Price After Incentives: $38,888 (31% off)
Fees Rolled In: $299 doc fee, $117.50 license and registration, $925 acquisition fee, and $1,626.26 Virginia tax
Trade-in: $0

Months: 24
Annual Mileage: 10,000

MF: .00152 (buy rate)
Miles on car: 3,100
Residual: $37,091: 67% of MSRP minus ((3100-500)*.25)

Security Deposit: $0
Total Due At Signing: $318.53
Monthly Payment (incl. tax): $318.53
[Virginia taxes 4.15 percent on the entire purchase price. Without tax, the deal would have been $248/month with just the first month’s payment up front]

Zip Code: 22204
Sales Tax Rate: 4.15

Leasehackr Score: 18.9 or 19.1
Calculator Including Tax

Calculator Excluding Tax

I negotiated this deal via email with the dealer’s Pre-Owned Vehicle Manager. I found the car by looking on local dealer sites and cargurus.com for 2017 330s with the highest MSRPs and largest advertised percentage discount from MSRP. This car’s original MSRP was $5-$10k more than a typically equipped 330, and the dealer was offering a much larger percentage discount than other units in stock. Negotiations were limited to pushing for an extra $1,000 off the advertised price and insisting on the buy rate MF (BMW dealers here generally mark up by 40 bps). The deal would have been even better if I’d qualified for loyalty or if the dealer had been willing to apply an OL certificate I got from the East Coast sweepstakes earlier this month, which I was told can’t be used on loaners.

I picked up the car last night and am looking forward to playing around with iDrive and all the other cool tech features. My dealer doesn’t have any other 330s they were willing to offer similar discounts on, but they and the others I talked to did seem motivated to move 2017s before the end of the year in case leasing support goes away. If you’re hunting for a 330, I’d recommend targeting a high-MSRP car that a dealer wouldn’t want to be left trying to sell in January. Just note that the advertised prices already include the $3,000 rebate, at least around here.

Now that I have the BMW, I’m thinking about letting go of the 2017 Tacoma Double Cab TRD Sport 4x4 Manual that I got in July. VA tax is charged up front and rolled into the payment ($225), so it would be a great deal for someone local if I decide not to keep it. PM me if you’re interested or keep an eye out for a listing next week.

Thanks to everyone for posting tips and deals here. You gave me the idea of targeting a 330i service loaner!

7 Likes

Excellent! We are in the same boat. I’m targeting the exact same thing (and getting close!).

Best I got was $220 with zero down on a $51k 330 but then was told had to cancel the deal because they found out the car was in the body shop, argh!

1 Like

Where are we all finding these deals? Best I can find is $388 on a $51,245 car with 3400 miles. These deals are insane. The Virginia deal would be $266 for me in Ohio as we only pay tax on the payments.

I was close to this on one in MD, but have 2200 in lease payments on an existing car for 6 months. Adding that in took me out of the running. I was trying to get them to come down another 1k, while adding the OL cert to cover the old lease. They said the OL cert couldn’t be applied to service loaners, and they wouldn’t budge any further on price. I have 3 days to find someone that will, or I’ll have to wait it out until summer.

Has to be 24/10, if you go 36 the payments in some cases can be $80 a month higher. Otherwise these aren’t just “found”, it’s grinding. I’ve probably called 20+ dealers. Some don’t include the holiday rebate on their prices, some do, won’t know till calling.

I actually had to prove this to the dealer I was working with. He was insistent that the 36m payment was better. He told me when he ran it, he thought he made a mistake, so took it to the sales manager, who thought he made a mistake, who then took it to the GM. They were all baffled that 24m is a better program right now than 36.

Beautiful deal!
Post some pics of it

1 Like

Congrats! Who’s your MD dealer?

Thanks for the info Miles.

Am based in Norther Virginia (Fairfax County). Wondering if you can give me the name of the dealership you worked with to get this deal. Trying to lease a vehicle in the next 3 days :slight_smile:

Thanks
Moi

Sounds like a good deal on the BMW, congrats!

If you’re definitely planning to let the Tacoma go are you looking to stay local to make a transfer cleaner or would you be willing to go out of state? I’m currently working to help a friend hack a lease for a Tacoma, Colorado, or Canyon but am coming up empty so far. The Tacoma deals on the double cab, manuals that were around 4-6 months ago seem to be non-existent from what I can find though I’m still looking.

1 Like

Great deal! Congrats on the new car!

1 Like

The other 330s at my dealer probably would have been close to the price you’re getting. This one was a customer order car that ended up in the loaner fleet when the buyer backed out. The percentage discount was much better than anything else I found because the original MSRP was so much more than people are usually willing to pay for a 330.

@mdmor, never mind, I figured it out…

I’ll post pictures in the Trophy Garage once I have a chance to take some!

Nice sleuthing :slight_smile:. They told me this was the only one they could go to 30+% off on, so I don’t want to bombard them. I’ll PM the others who asked for dealer info.

Guessing it would be easier to transfer the Tacoma locally, but I haven’t looked into how the process works yet. The payment will be more attractive for someone in VA because it already includes VA sales tax.

1 Like

So the residual is 67% before deducting miles?

Dealer quoting me 57% for loaner with 7k miles. Does that sound right?

anything over 5k you need to deduct an additional 4% in addition to the mileage penalty

This is a great deal, before figuring in the MF or the decrease in residual, 26% off MSRP before incentives is a strong deal! The tax is unfortunate, but it’s virginia and not California.

1 Like

What’s up with their additional freight charge and VA processing fee of $699? It’s in the fine print. Did they charge you $299 or will go for $699 & freight?