YouTube tells me to never buy extended warranty - is it right?

Fidelity extended warranty.

Their platinum plan is exclusionary and doesn’t cover the things listed below

Summary

Brake linings, brake drums and rotors, disc brake pads, standard manual transmission clutch friction disc, pressure plate, pilot bearing, throw-out bearing and arm, air bags, solar powered devices, glass, lenses, sealed beams, body parts and/or panels, weather stripping, trim, moldings, lock cylinders, tires, wheels, all batteries except Hybrid/EV/Hydrogen High Voltage batteries as listed under Gold Coverage, light bulbs, upholstery, paint, bright metal, freeze plugs, filters, heater and radiator hoses, exhaust system, catalytic converter, shock absorbers, work such as front-end alignment or wheel balancing (except when required in conjunction with a mechanical breakdown), safety restraint systems, audio/security or other systems not factory installed, or vinyl and convertible tops.

Extended warranty = $2k
Being able to tell the wife to take all vehicle complaints to the dealer’s service dept = priceless

6 Likes

How do you buy one direct from them? Didn’t find anything based on quick Google search.

Oops my bad, I’ve heard good things about fidelity, so I’d suggest looking into them.

You just call fidelity directly. But I wouldn’t buy directly from them - lots of brokers sell their policies for cheaper. Here’s a really long thread in the Porsche forums for reputable brokers and info:

1 Like

Maxcare is great if you pay the right price. I think I got mine from Ziegler for 1100 or so on my used jeep for 3 years coverage. Definetly paid for itself. I keep thinking I’m going to sell my Jeep, but once I admit to myself that I’ll keep it forever, I’ll probably buy another 3 year contract.

Thank you! I have been trying to tell people this ever since that story took a life of its own. Nothing in this world is free. Why do some few people accept this?

If you ask 100 people you will likely find at least one who will tell you to always buy lost key insurance, because they once got reimbursed for three claims on the same vehicle!

!!! IT WAS A GODSEND !!!

2 Likes