You should have Common Questions or Read Me Before Posting

So I’ve been here a few months and I can say that I have seen A LOT of the same questions popping up and people asking the same thing. There should be a “Common Questions” or “Read Me Before Posting” post at the top that cover common things people are asking. An example, people always say they are going to put money down and then find out about MSD’s.

I know you have your Leasing 101 and 8 Things You Should Know About Leasing (which I’m not sure is completely accurate) but I think a lot of people just jump to the forums. Just thought I’d throw out my 2 cents and observations.

3 Likes

To piggyback off of this suggestion, how difficult would it be to code in a requirement to read “Common questions” or “Read me Before Posting” or even “Please search before posting” before giving a newly signed up user “post” rights?

In other words, they would be able to browse, but not post until these items were read. I’ve seen those acknowledgement forms of legal mumbo jumbo before where you literally have to scroll through everything before you can acknowledge, so I know it’s at least possible. Have no clue if this could happen here though without knowing the back end.

There seems to be an uptick of “hey, I’m looking for an XYZ, anyone know where to find it in my state?” type questions rather than someone doing their due diligence first and THEN asking for advice/suggestions.

5 Likes

I completely agree. Many of the new users are very lazy and seem to want everything spoonfed to them. It’d be nice if it were also necessary to read threads for say an hour before you can post anything at all

1 Like