Yet another: Mercedes Benz 2017 C300 Ex-Service Loaner - $326/mo

Hey all,

Last day of the month today, should I sign this lease within the next 20 hours or wait until new incentives come out for October?

36 mo / 10K

2017 C300 Ex-loaner w/ 6524 miles

Black on Black with panoramic moonroof

$326/mo including tax
$3500 MSD’s
Autopay sign up
Taxes/fees rolled into monthly payment

Good discount. I would say check the numbers on the calculator and go for it.

I say no. MSRP is only 43k, and over 6k miles loaner.

$699 predelivery service fee?

If you got a $2500 rebate why did the price barely drop? Something else added in is missing.

If you got that discount off the price then an additional $2500 for the rebate it’s a pretty good deal.

Plugging the numbers in the calculator, i am getting a 1095 acquisition fee and a 0.00151 money factor, if you are in a 9% tax state, even higher if your tax is lower. The discount is good, 21% + 2500 fleet rebate, for about 27% off. If you can drive down MF and acq fee, you would get sub 300.

I didn’t calc it out but sounds about right…I know something here is off given the sell price.

Update for everyone:

I decided to pass on the vehicle.

I really wanted black exterior and creme interior and found the exact car that I wanted in a different city. I shot them this quote I had and asked them to match the 326/mo but they came back and said the best they can do is 350/mo! So I decided to pass on both vehicles.

Fingers crossed more incentives or more selling pressure increase in October since they gotta make room for the 2018s.

I also heard an unconfirmed rumor that MB is discontinuing the autopay discount on Oct 3rd… that would increase my monthly payments so hopefully that is false!

Thank you all for your input and feedback :slight_smile:

PS- I have ~6-7% tax where I am.

PPS- It doesn’t look like the $2.5K rebate did much and that is because I think the tax of ~$110 seems incorrect?

The discount on that car is about as good as you can get. The residuals will probably lower soon so the deals could get worse by the numbers. Best of luck in your search

If a dealer is at 350 and I’m at 326, do you think they would meet me in the middle? Or what is the best tactic to get that 350 down? thanks

You need the full break down. Msrp, selling prices with rebates, residual, mf, etc. that way you can figure it out.

Competition. Find another dealer who will sell you one at lower price and have them match it.

That deal was $40 less per month than I paid on a new 2017 with MSRP +$3k. So if you adjust for MSRP you’re basically paying close to the same amount but getting a used car.

It’s a good point on level of discounting vs. miles on loaner car. A 45k C class with 8k miles, already has a residual reduction of 2.2%, so total discount needs to be at least 25% to make it worthwhile, compared to buying a new one @17% off, otherwise difference is minimal.