XC90 T6 Lease Texas

ALWAYS start by checking with Edmunds

Thanks, looks like Edmunds has a MF of 0.00159

I didn’t even see it was a loaner. Yeah definitely at least 18% before any incentives. I would think a 20% discount would be fair. See what the manufacturer incentives are on Volvo’s website.

Why would you think that?

Yeah, they show him they are applied incentives to invoice.
The discount he’s getting is 14.77%, too low on a loaner.

Just figuring based on Edmunds/KBB/TrueCar and subtracting some money based on mileage.

The car costs $60,675.
The big 3 websites put the suggested price around $53,000 (approx. 12.7%). The reported lower range is around $51,250, so let’s go with that (approx. 14.7% total so far).
Car says 6,045 miles, but I overestimate a bit because it may still be out. I also factor a bit higher than $0.20, because OP now has to pay for the 40,000 mile service if he chooses to keep until lease end. This is assuming they do not throw it into the deal or he gets a prepaid plan (which would add to the price, but I’m not going to calculate it because it is probably cheaper just to pay for the service). So, 6,500 miles at $0.35/mile is $2,275 more of a discount.
Total off before incentives: $11,700 or approx. 19.3%.

Add on $2,000 Volvo allowance makes it $13,700 or approx. 22.6%.

So a little bit exaggerated on my initial post by 0.7%, but I still believe this is fair (but I don’t think you are going to find a lot of dealers who want to do this anyways).

@Gabe2183 Let me know if you get your dealer to do this, as it would be cool to see. Also, @Ursus is the man when it comes to great Volvo deals, I just got really lucky on a S60.

Not sure why you calculate mileage penalty at $0.35 and include potential service there. RV in $$$ is adjusted at $0.20
Also, discount has nothing to do with mileage penalty and also depends on the length in service and/or being on the lot.
So, basic calculation on a qualified loaner is 10% (invoice + holdback) + ~5% ($3k loaner cash) = 15%. And dealer may also throw in some amortization (~$450 for every month in service). There are also some other things they can do, but the “fair” discount on a loaner would be 16%.

That seems fair. Maybe I’m just a bit too greedy haha.

Also, I do realize that there is much less off XC90s than S60s. Then again, the SUV is a much more popular car than a sedan.

@Gabe2183 listen to this guy, because he knows what he is talking about. Or listen to me and probably end up at 16% like @Ursus said :joy:.

Let us know what they say!

Never hurts to shoot for more while still being reasonable.

1 Like

That was more of my thought along those numbers. Some dealers will never take your first number on principle so meet them where you know you are getting a good deal.

So I just did a deal with another dealer. Let me know your thoughts. XC90 T6 Loaner 2,800 miles. I ended up trading in my wifes car on this deal.

MSRP 59,490

Sale Price 47,369

Trade in 19,500
Pay off for trade 23,345

So I rolled in 3,845 ended up wit a total of 54,349.84

645 a month for 36 mths 62 percent residual with a MF of .00159

I believe this deal is way better then the first deal which wasn’t including the trade. They also applied a tax credit, only paid 1,741 sales tax.

Looks good unless they lowballed you on trade.

KBB trade in value is 16,500 they did pretty good on the trade.

I’m not so sure. You can still use your VIN to get a quote from carvana/vroom, if curious.

Carvana shows 16,700

You got 17% off and good trade in then. Nice.

Was it just the tax at signing?

Sounds like you got a good deal even with almost $4,000 of negative equity rolled into the trade.

Enjoy the car!

First payment is all I gave. Appreciate all the insight guys. This forum definitely helped me in getting this deal. Sales tax was rolled into the deal, but was only 1,741 due to tax credit.

1 Like

Am I correct in saying you did roll $4,000 of negative equity into the payment?

Regardless, you still got a really good deal on an incredible car.

Yes, you are correct 3,845 to be exact.

A bit less, but it was just estimation.

Hope you enjoy it!