XC90 Recharge Plug-in Hybrid T8 or Alfa Romeo Tonale

Creating my own topic to avoid a hijacking charge. Thank you Urus for the gentle love.

This is a lease proposal I was given in Southern California (San Diego)

2024 Volvo XC90 Recharge Plug-inHybrid t8 Ultimate Bright Theme 7 seater
Cash down $8200
Monthly payment $798
24 months/10K miles.

Numbers are.
MSRP - $82,015
Discount - $14,345
Adjusted Price - $67,670
Doc Fee - $85
Tax - $475
Non Tax Fees - $1,788
Balance - $70,019

Residual is $56,590
MF = 0.00410

I am a Costco member, so received the $1000 deal, and the only other thing mentioned by the dealer was the $7500 EV tax break.

So I am trying to work out if this is a good deal or not.
Comments? Or other successful leases in SoCal for the XC90?

Thanks again.
Mark

Check the Marketplace

Whatever “rule” you cite doesn’t actually exist and you’re better off deleting that reference before ridiculing it takes over and derails your thread.

2 Likes

Please break out the incentives you’re receiving. Loyalty? A-plan? Costco? We can’t determine the actual discount you’re getting without knowing the incentives.

Also, forget that rule you originally posted. If it exists, it was probably created by the car dealers association.

Thanks for the tips. Updated the original post with what I have.

1 Like

There’s also another $2,000 in lease bonus cash, so there’s a total of $10,500 in incentives for you. That means they’re giving you a $3,845 discount (4.69%). You can do better than that. The MF they gave you is also marked up a fair amount (buy rate is 0.00363). You might want to work with a broker, as the $600 or so you’ll spend on them will be more than made up by the discount they get you.

2 Likes

That’s an awful lot of cash down for a 2 year lease

Just to be clear, on a lease there is no EV “tax break”. Volvo is giving it to you as a lease incentive. Don’t confuse this as trying to apply for it on your returns.

So if that is included in your discounts, other Volvo dealers have said to target closer to 10% off before incentives.

And your cash down probably better used for MSDs than actual down payment.

So received this proposal from a deal for a lease on an Alfa Romeo Tonale Veloce. See attached file. I have been communicated, that $4000K is the drive off amount, and 24 months of 757.42 (that includes the tax).

Highlights are:
MSRP: 59,340
Discount: 1,700
Selling Price: 57,640
Aftermarkets??: 598
Doc Fee: 85
License Fee: 682
Gross Cap Cost: 58,238

Cap Cost Reduction
Cash down: 4,000
Total Rebates: 7,500
Amt Applied Upfront: 2,268.78
Total Cap Reduction: 9,213.22
Net Cap Cost: 49,024.78

Residual: 66%
Residual: 39,164.40

Payment:
Term 24 months
Rate/Money Factor 7.75

Adv Payments 1

Days 2nd Payment 30

2nd Payment Date 12/09/2023
Security Deposit 0.00
Advanced Payment 757.42
Total Cap Reduction 9,213.22
Upfront Chargers 1,529.36
Initial Payment 11,500
Due on Delivery 4,000
Insufficent 0.00

Equity Allocation (checked)
Base Monthly Payment 702.94
Monthly Tax 54.48

Payment 757.42

Looking at this, I assume I could push on getting a greater discount, and also reducing the rate and maybe using the cash down of $4K toward security deposit? Just do not know what other deals people have been able to secure.

Thanks

That seems like a large payment for this vehicle, but people want what they want. Push for a much larger discount to offset the high MF. There simply does not appear to be a good lease deal on this vehicle vs say a Jeep GC 4xe.

Pretty sure Ally doesn’t have an MSD program, so shifting money into that isn’t an option.

This deal is not great for this. You should be targeting way more off (~7%) on the gross cap cost BEFORE any incentives. Also what is the aftermarkets? If you don’t feel comfortable negotiating hard on this, I would use one of our brokers. A near 800 payment on a Tonale is laughable, as you can get a Porsche Macan for that.

Whether it’s a Volvo XC90 or a Tonale, the plan is the same. Do you have a plan?

Step one of your plan should be identifying makes, models and trims that have good lease programs.

2 Likes

Did you compare this to what’s posted by brokers? Your offer looks like :dog2: :poop: Not sure a 2024 is really worth it

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.