XC90 R-Design Lease Deal - July 2020

Currently working on a Volvo XC90 R-design deal and inquiring whether there’s any additional wiggle room? The deal started back in June before the Costco rebate expired, so that’s $1,250 I that I lost out on (**Note - it’s still reflected on the worksheet.*).

I have both USAA and PenFed, and while I understand you cannot stack the 2 certificates, I’m wondering if I can still use both the $500 coupons from USAA and PenFed, giving me $1,000.00. Does anyone know?

In any case, attached is the marked-up worksheet I’m prepared to send back. It’s a little over 16% off MSRP. Is this a fair price or should I ask for a bigger discount?

I have not confirmed MF and residual just yet, but looking at Edmunds it’s 56% and .00056 for 36/12 in NY.

Thanks in advance for any help on this.

A-Plan isn’t $3000. What’s Elite? You can’t combine A-Plan with USAA. USAA cannot be combined with PenFed.

16% off on a new model seems extremely unreasonable considering it’s harder than ever to get a good discount with inventory decreasing rapidly.

The dealer is going to laugh at you if you propose this.

1 Like

$3k is Volvo allowance, $750 is a-plan (elite bonus). And there is no way he is getting anywhere close to 16%, especially on a-plan that limits discount to 6% invoice.

@mrtracey - you know the answer to your question already

Ursus, thanks for your reply. The dealer already appears to be giving almost 7.75% off of MSRP. All I would be asking for is an additional 2.25% ($1,5**.00). As a reference, I live in NY; however, the dealer is in Maryland and while inventory is tight, not nearly as tight as currently in tri-state area.
Vehicle also appears to be on lot for several months now.

Perhaps, the best way of achieving this is to not bring up A-Plan pricing (I’ve not yet)? The USAA document says that I’m eligible for it, but I’ve read of folks getting better deals outside of A-Plan. I’ve also read of folks getting additional discounts even with A-Plan. My homework assignment is to see how dealer calculated the rebate of $5,050 (it included the now lost $1,250 Costo rebate). Is the new attached sheet better to present (rebate wording changed)?

Can’t really see much on the phone.

• drop a-plan. some dealers go below invoice on a-plan but it is not allowed by Volvo (they may give you 8% + $750 with understanding that Volvo will charge them back while they still make sale and make money, for example)
  • try to get 10-12% off before incentives, I think it is $3,500 in MD
2 Likes

The $3k should have been labeled as Volvo Allowance.

The dealer’s offer is a little over 13.5% off MSRP after rebates (7.5% before rebates). I’m asking for an additional 2.5%.

As a reference, dealer is not in tri-state NY area, and while inventory is limited, I’m thankful their customer demand is not what it’s in NY right now. Went to a CDJR LI dealership this weekend that literally had over 100 customers visiting.

As I responded to Ursus below, perhaps it’s best not to bring up A-Plan pricing at all (I haven’t).