X7 40i Demo Quote

That goes to my point, I don’t think there’s anything wrong with payment shopping. What Sen posted was a unicorn and it’s highly unlikely to be replicated. If you go in and try to match some of the “normal” leasehackr deals, by no means is that unreasonable. It’s also very doable. There are some dealerships that like to fight for every dollar and there are dealerships that rather tell you up front what they can and can’t do (it also depends on the type of rapport you have with them), and you just have to find the right one.

1 Like

I completely get that you shop the car and not the payment. Nothing wrong with that either. I was just trying to understand why anyone would frown upon payment shopping for something realistic. If you’re using data points from Leasehackr and building a realistic deal off of that, there will be a dealer that will bite. If you’re only looking at unicorns and try to use that as the data point and use that as a payment to shop, well good luck.

To what you said, not everyone cares how the dealer got there as long as they get the payment they want, assuming they understand basics of a lease and are ACTUALLY getting that payment.

By no means am I an expert on lease hacking, maybe average haha

1 Like

Since its a very specific car you’re looking for, make sure to look at both new & demo. An aggressive discount on a new one could very well yield a deal in line with a mediocre discount on a demo.

See this is good you mentioned, because this whole time I have been looking at used because I felt NEW won’t land nearly as much of a discount. But to be clear you are telling that is false and Mew cars can be discounter above 10% also?

You won’t know until you try. Normally, 11-12% on new and 15-20% on a loaner is do-able. Loaners also get hit by 1-2% mileage penalty so that’s something to consider. If you can find a dealer that is willing to do 10-12% off new, maybe worth a shot. Go shop around and find out.

1 Like

Interesting! Okay well I’ll try this and my new set of numbers will be presented here LOL

1 Like

Exactly - If you know the market for the car % off or payment works. What the hell does marked up MF matter if they’re more than making up for it in discount?

2 Likes

Agree I mean .00104 to .00099 is what $5-10 lol

Normally, 0.0002 MF mark up kills 1% MSRP discount. In your case, its maybe about 0.25%, or $250 from the deal. Who cares.

I’m not saying in the example, more in general. If I gave you a $110 payment on a Bolt but had max markup on rate would it really matter.

1 Like

Yes, if I could get it for $109/m with less markup :stuck_out_tongue:

Hahaha lol😂

Any brokers working with BMW X7 leases in IL if I could save time :joy:

Talk to @IAC, they can probably ship one.

1 Like

I’m a little confused as to what’s going on here without reading everything in detail. It looks like the original quote is at 15% off after the slight markup?

That’s pretty good because loaners are scarce right now.

I disagree with @boozinix on the discounts (sorry!) because X7 stock is so incredibly thin. Most of us are at around 9% on new, and 15-20% on a loaner is nowhere near attainable right now. I have one dealership that gives great new discounts in general, but the most I can squeeze on an X7 loaner is 11.5%. Otherwise, I have this one at 14%: August BMWs: Orders! 2021 X6M - 6.4%; New X5 M50i - 9%; X7 loaner 14%; X3 loaner - 15%; 740i loaners - 21%; cheap 330i

Most of the ones we have in stock are less than $90,000 too. I just asked a dealership with some M50i loaners what he can do - they may not be leasable yet with the new rule that loaners must have 2,500 miles.

I can also tell you with certainty that this dealership goes for the full markup - 0.00139 right now – but it’s generally offset with a nicer discount, so it’s fine.

2 Likes

Hey Everyone,

So update to my deal, I drove off today, so its too late if it was a bad deal, but please share advice anyway.

2020 BMW X7 x40i DEMO 4800 miles

$95,595 MSRP
$82,500 Selling price FLAT B4 Incentives
$1000 Loyalty
$1000 OL code test drive event
$1000 College grad
(total $3000 in incentives all stacked)

MF was base at .00099
I had 7 MSD’s to reduce down to .00064

Residual is 55%
(they messed up and didnt account for miles and ate the loss///so residual was not adjusted for 4800 miles)

TAX is 7.25%

7MSD payment was $6650

Drive off was first month $947.03 plus $500 in title and fees === 1447.03 Drive off

Monthly obviously is $947.03/month

lease terms are 10k miles for 36 months

Free all weather floor mats for all 3 rows and 1 coat of paint protection ( which i guess wears off second coat costs money)

I think all details are mentioned here!
acquisition is $925 which is included in lease already (standard)

no other info or costs

3 Likes

Is that like a purple/grape color? Congrats! Enjoy the new ride!

Looks like you’re at about $883/mth before tax and minimal drive offs. Pretty decent deal you worked out on your own.

1 Like

Ametrine metallic is what it’s called yeah it’s plum like but looks glossy black in certain lighting

Very nice deal. That’s one of the best BMW colors!

1 Like

solid deal for the market, 15+% pre-incentive. Enjoy the new ride!

1 Like