X5 Stuck at Richmond Rail Yard 3 Weeks......So Far

I ordered my X5 at the end of January and the process was going smoothly. Everything seemed to actually be ahead of schedule all the way through arrival at the Richmond, CA rail yard on 4/18. From there it took forever to get scanned in and has yet to be loaded onto a truck after being there for three weeks. I know there have been delays in shipping but does anyone have insight as to how long this might take? Dealer is in the Bay Area so it doesn’t have far to go once it gets picked up. I’m trying to be patient but we’re getting tired of being a one car family (turned my lease in on 4/10).

What’s your dealer saying?

Are there recalls impacting it? Port damage? Just speculating, but they should be able to tell you something?

1 Like

If it’s anything like other rail yards, they’re just struggling to get enough truck drivers to keep up with the volume of vehicles. We’ve been seeing big port delays like this with jeeps for a while. I’m sure the port being in CA with all the truck driver restrictions going on there is just making it worse.

3 Likes

The only thing they can tell me is that is has been assigned a trucking company but hasn’t arrived at dealership yet.

Stop sale.

3 Likes

Thank you for all the help @IAC !

1 Like

Well that’ll do it

1 Like

I picked up my X5 PHEV on April 29th from East Bay BMW, it was at Richmond for about 10 days. Yesterday I went to the dealership and saw 6 or 7 X5’s still clad in white plastics.

3 Likes

There was a fire on 4/10 at the Bencia, CA port. Perhaps the damaged port is pushing traffic to the Richmond port which is causing the delays?

Dealer says every X5 is coming in with the same stop sale and that it shouldn’t delay delivery. It’s a software flash that gets taken care of during inspection.

1 Like

Well, it’s at the dealership now. Should be picking up by the end of the weekend!