X3 orders many coming with LED headlights

Have you checked for a TSB? Other OEMs have have done that.

Never actually thought about it, and the lease is over as soon as my new car gets delivered, so not really an issue anymore

Got into another custom ordered X3, this one didnā€™t have the LED lights but had an M steering wheel.

Definitely some shortages ahead.

1 Like

Or really bad quality control.

They donā€™t make mistakes from what Iā€™ve seen.

Yea multiple carmakers have announced week stoppages or announced part shortages.

Looks like BMW has stopped doing HK audio on X5s altogether. No B&W either for 2021 MY. Shortage? Maybe, but why offer that option for every other vehicle in your lineup? Maybe itā€™s one plant thatā€™s run out of HK parts. Maybe, but why offer that option on X3 then since theyā€™re both coming out of SC plant. Makes no sense, not that Iā€™m in the market for an X5, but if I was buying a $75k decently equipped SUV Iā€™d definitely want more than a base audio system.

Could be a shortage of chip components specific to the x5 implementation.

Correct. There is a shortage specific to the X5 on that.

and if they do, it usually gets caught at the VPC.

I constantly feel like I am getting blinded by MDXā€™s.

@chrishs2000

S2000-best headlights from that decade ? Oh hell yeh

2 Likes

Itā€™s weird because HK lists the same power output and speaker system for G series cars on their website. 464W with 16 speakers. X5 implementation shouldnā€™t be much different from an X7, ofcourse thatā€™s just my educated guess since I donā€™t have the HK part numbers for the two models. Given how many components are shared between platforms these days, Iā€™d be surprised if every model was using an audio chip specific to it.

Love me a sharp cutoff :grin:

1 Like

Of interesting note, Hino used a nearly identical set of projectors as the s2000 in one of their cargo trucks. Iā€™m sure that cargo truck suspension bouncing around with a headlight higher off the ground than the s2k did wonders for oncoming traffic.

1 Like

I really understand people who decide to replace their light bulbs with LEDs. Firstly, LED elements are small. This opens up a wide range of application, placement and design possibilities. Also, the LEDs practically do not heat up, so a large number of LED elements can be placed in one headlight without the risk of overheating. And most importantly, high security. In the car, for example, you can even put explosion proof LED flood lights that will withstand almost any impact or collision, as well as a sealed design makes the headlight waterproof.

Going with LED vs Halogen is well worth the money. Iā€™m surprised manufacturers are still using halogens in cars (US speaking). I like being able to light up the world vs a small, (sometimes short) dull lighted path ahead. It does make a world of difference unless you only city driving with light everywhere.

I donā€™t understand why those people insist on blinding the shit out of everyone on the road by putting LEDs in regular halogen spec housings and reflectors.

Also, holy thread resurrection, Batman.

1 Like

No need to resurrect an old dead thread just to make your first post.