Would you wait? (BMW in NJ)

Decided to lease a M440i a little too late and I missed the December deals of 13% off. Getting quotes of 9-10.5% off MSRP but I’m wondering if I’ll regret not waiting for a bigger discount (if that will even happen now).

I’m in no rush. This will be my first lease in about a decade.

BMW will probably pull MY20 support in a few months. I’m no fortune teller but I imagine it’ll be no later than April or May. I don’t think anyone can tell you whether or not dealer discounts will improve for the cars you’re looking at.

You just have to go with your gut. No sense in rushing a deal — I don’t imagine the M440i is a particularly popular car so I’m sure whatever cars you’re looking at will continue to sit for a while.

3 Likes

Wait until the last week of the month…

That’s when dealers are looking to push units and discounts start creeping back up. Could be 10-11% off now but will/can rise back to 12-13% towards month end.

13% off last month was only the last week of the month, not the entire month

1 Like

Don’t forget, there’s always going to be someone who pays less than you. There will also be a whole lot of people who walk into a BMW dealership and would be happy with a 5% discount. Have you shopped other dealers to see if they have a similar spec car on their lot?

Have you contacted one of the brokers on the board here? Not only will they be able to get you a healthier discount, but they take the stress & anxiety out of the process.

3 Likes

This is helpful! I hadn’t been monitoring lease discounts over time so I wasn’t sure if end of month had much to do with fluctuation as it does with direct dealer negotiations.

@nyccarguy I did one dealer visit (pure hell) and reached right out to a few well reviewed brokers. Considering a build because no one seems to be able to get the car I’m looking for even though one of the NJ dealers has them on the lot. Average broker discount is 9-10% but I’m in no rush.

Been very happy with the broker experience overall.

1 Like

BMW’s current programs are the worst I’ve seen in my observations over the last ~12 years.

2 Likes