Would you ever go back to buying/financing?

Here is another dynamic. In California, you don’t get sales tax credit when trading in a car. Unless you know you are keeping a car, it might not be worth it to buy and trade in a car after 3 years. On the lease side, sometimes you get .0001 MF and lease cash to make it more worth while.

Yeah- we need tution hackrs.

Not to get too sidetracked but I’m learning how the formulas for aid work and how to work the system to my benefit. Saw that the average discount on tuition is now at 49.5% so there is lots of room to save some serious cash.

Porsche might have one of the best CPO warranties. I would consider for short term ownership since the leases suck so much.

I have been trying to convince my wife I need to quit working and go live off the land for the next 8 years as my children matriculate through college to max out financial aid. So far she has rejected that notion.:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

Tuition reduction is all about applying for grants and scholarships. There are so many out there. Some are small but every little bit helps. I reduced my tuition by about 75% that way.

Well it aint a lease but it sure is nice…

2013 M6 with 20k Miles… Scooped it up this Tuesday on impulse.

9 Likes

My favorite color on the m6 nice job!

How much was it? 20202020

It was an impulse buy, so I bet he hacked it.

1 Like

Amazing car, how much did you end up paying?

$46.5 +ttl came out to roughly $49.7… The dealership had it since December so they lost about $4k to sell it to me. Was bought and maintained at BMW Austin. Brand new set of brakes and Michelin Pilot Super Sports on it as well… Got a guy coming Monday to put it on Jackstands while he powdercoats the wheels black

1 Like

Nice! What was the original MSRP?

Not sure of original MSRP but it’s a base M6 with HUD, Ventilated seats, and an option for 20" wheels which were swapped out for 19s at some point.

Here’s a few… I’ve been so busy since picking it up I’ve hardley had a chance to get beauty shots of it.

3 Likes

Nice car! I wouldn’t make the wheels black though, if anything, gunmetal powder coat.

They are already gun metal on inside… I’ve seen this color with black and it looks phenomenal

I like how the kids are all in their phones, and don’t seem to appreciate this beauty right next to them.

2 Likes

They were making sure their pictures of the car were good before they post it to snapchat so their friends could see… My little sister in the back with the pink stripe couldn’t believe she got a ride in an M6, she was speechless

Good for you man. Thats a beautiful ride. Hope you and your family enjoy it for a long time !

Tax in California really incentives leasing. You buy a car with an OTD price of 40k car in LA, you are paying $3,600 in tax. You lease that car for 350 a month, you pay $31.5 a month or 378 a year. Time value of money says you are much better off paying a small amount each month than a big amount up front. You would need to hold car a long time to make buying better from a tax perspective.