Worth buying out our BMW lease?

My X1 lease expires in November and as expected, a replacement X1 would cost us about $100-120 more per month. Our payoff is about 24,500 and Carvana would give us about 28k but they can’t buy from BMWF. We feel kind of stuck and trying to determine the best option. I wouldn’t mind keeping the car for another year but what I don’t want is to risk being upside down on a loan given the long-term goal is to go back into a lease. So here are a couple of questions:

2018 X1 Xdrive, 30k miles and good condition.

1. In PA, is there any way to avoid paying taxes on the 24k and still sell and get some of our equity?
  2. If we do a buy-out, would we lose money selling a year from now (sooner if there is any relief in lease prices)?
  3. Any other leases worth checking out that my wife might be happy vs an X1?
  1. No.

2. Nobody has a crystal ball to know what it will be worth in a year, but personally I wouldn’t bet on these insane Carvana offers lasting forever.

3. Check out the Marketplace section. Nobody on the internet has a clue what you or your wife would be happy driving but you can price out many makes and models in the Marketplace and then decide for yourselves.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.