Worst leases you've seen

I just saw that 5k incentive. I meam that lease is costing more than the car. If has to be highway robbery. Did they mark up interest to 20%? If you see in one of the pics the guy has his ID in the cupholder. Company he works for looks like it says BJ?

I thought it said Cricket as in the phone carrier. I think his name is BJ

Wait… He’s leasing an Audi for 1600 a month and has a CRICKET phone?

No, i think he works for cricket (likely corporate with that ID)

I’m in the wrong business

I hope that lease deal came with a BJ

5 Likes

I am very late to this post but stumbled upon it somehow - THANK YOU from the bottom of my cold, black heart for posting this thread in the comments!! This is pure freaking gold. I think I’ll grab some wine & popcorn while I finish up the comments!

I had a rep at Lexus Carlsbad tell me last week that their leases normally run about $20 per $1,000 with minimal drive offs. First time I’ve actually laughed out loud for a BS sales pitch. Considering in his mind, that makes an RX350 with an MSRP of $45k = $900/mo, all I could do is laugh. Then he called me liar when I said I had leased an RX from that exact dealership 3 years ago for under $400, or less than half what he was saying. Needless to say, I walked.

1 Like

HOLY… wow!! I showed this to my 10 year old son who said “you could get a $200k mortgage for that payment” :rofl::joy:

2 Likes

That is the general rule of thumb I use for a 60 month loan, not lease.

2 Likes

Looks like dealers like a 2% rule instead of hackers’ 1% rule

No more like the “a fool is born every second” rule.

Does anyone want a good laugh?

1 Like

:joy::rofl::exploding_head: 20 characters, that’s 750xi territory

How is the monthly price exactly the same regardless if you put down $500 or $1,000?? :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :thinking:

Wow. I got a quote for $1550/mo $0 cap cost and still thought it was a shockingly bad deal (that was 36/7.5k).

Last month some dealer in Westchester County, NY quoted me $770 mo. w/ $2500 upfront on a 2017 AR Giulia Base AWD w/ an MSRP of roughly $45k. 24/15k

My response to him was succinct… “Are you high?”

Not surprisingly he had upwards of 40 '17 Giulias still on his lot at the time.

1 Like

Exactly. He wouldn’t budge at all. Quite comical.

Was this Alpha Romeo of Larchmont? I recently had a comical experience there as well.

Even financed that is still high