Worst leases you've seen

I saw one posted here. Somebody had posted that they went down to the dealer and they wanted over $700 a month for a Prius Prime when they first came out. 700 HUNDRED DOLLARS for a Prius Prime. That has to be one of the worst

1 Like

You’d be wrong because I’m seeing both at around 1% or slightly better, except maybe the very top trim levels.

I probably should’ve have rephrased in comparison to current s90 and e300 loaner deals. I dont consider $540 on a 54k msrp a hack personally.

1 Like

I’m sure someone rationalized the $700 payment with OH I’LL SAVE like $300 IN GAS SO IT’s ONLY REALLY LIKE $400!!?!??!

They’re $400 now a few months later and even that’s still high for what it is. Also I’m not sure if that includes federal/state rebates or not.

I don’t have the details because the joker refused to actually give me a quote but tonight he tried to insist I was crazy for trying to lease a 2017 IS300 at less than $600/month for 10k/yr 36 months.

That DP is literally $2k more alone than the entire sum of payments for my 24 month $61k Volvo S90. What nerve.

Sadly I am a member here.

Wife had her heart set on a Prius V(ugh)

$360 per month $850 down to cover the acquisition fee and tabs etc.

So I am paying that and getting MPG that a new Civic can almost beat.

Oh well. Happy wife Happy life.

1 Like

Guys, have I got a deal for you! $13k total drive off, $1800/mo plus tax, for 5k miles per year!

Or, if that’s too pricey, you can always opt for the base 4cyl Macan for the low low price of $7500 due at signing, $450/mo plus tax, for 5k miles per year…

1 Like

I tested an Alfa at a dealer who’s network is mostly high end cars so I get to be on their mailing list for lease specials across a bunch of brands. Some of the deals are pretty comical but this one may take the cake.

2013 (yes 13) Bentley Continental, $1,399 mo/ 36/2.5 (yes 2.5k mil,es). $119k sticker, $20k down, $3k in drive offs. Great deal!

https://www.millermotorcars.com/2013-bentley-continental-gt-v8-c-1185.htm

1 Like

I would assume people go for these deals otherwise why run them.

There’s a sucker born every minute.

For the record, on that Panamara, that’s roughly $17/mile plus tax, insurance, and gas. That car will cost you over $20/mile to drive.

A quick 100 mile trip will cost you 2 grand.

Fantastic read! Ha-ha! So glad you shared :joy: but oh man that poor kid

But it’s red…still not a good deal?

3 Likes
1 Like

One of the worst I’ve seen was when I met my wife, she had just gotten a new 328 hardtop convertible. It was right after they came out. 24 month/12k yr, she put down $4k and was paying $1k a month :sob: it only had the sports package and premium package.

When I asked why she was paying that much she said that she paid extra because they had the color she wanted and dealer told her it would sell quick so she took the first offer they gave her… Bless her heart I love that woman but master negotiator she is not (unless it’s something I have to do)

2 Likes

My jaw literally dropped, how can someone be that thick to pay that much for an A5!? Let alone an S5!?

That too with a 5k incentive lol

$1599 * 35 = $56k plus any drive-offs paid to lease a $56.8k Audi for 3 years :rofl:. Would have been cheaper to finance the car, plus he would have owned it at the end.