Worst leases you've seen

My boss is leasing a 2018 Civic Si.
MSRP: $28,XXX
He’s paying $590 a month and put $1k down

3 Likes

You sure you want to continue working for such a guy?

11 Likes

I would!!! Maybe he’d overpay me too!!!

11 Likes

Worst part is he thinks he got a killer deal :joy:. That Mercedes AMG money! Lol.

1 Like

In fairness, a lot of dopes got roped into the new Si when it came out, paying above sticker in a lot of cases, especially before anyone knew for sure that Honda was bringing the Type R over here. That must have really sucked for those people when Honda made it official.

Why would anyone accept 28k for a Civic So? Did he even attempt A negotiation?

Depending on when he leased it they were regularly selling above sticker in many cases early on. Dealers had no reason to discount.

A few months later that changed…

The 10th gen SI’s came out after the Type-R. Unless they lived under a rock, the Type-R was confirmed coming for nearly a year at that point and there were more details about the FK8 than the Si’s.

Yeah, I misremembered the timeline a little bit, but there were somehow dealers out there that were taking advantage and marking up the Si along with the Type R. I can’t imagine how else someone would end up paying so much for one, outside of negative equity being rolled in.

Saw a Rogue SV lease return for $570 a month.

He got it about a month ago. Still don’t know who would pay over sticker on a civic. It’s 0-60 is 7 seconds, not even close paying $5k over.

Oh… Well there’s really no excuse then

My landscaper picked up a 2018 Mercedes E300 for $850/mo and only 7,500 miles a year. I don’t know how much money down he put. I think the dealer took advantage of him (car negotiation is not in his wheelhouse plus English is his second language). Pretty awful considering all the great loaner deals I’ve seen on this site.

1 Like

People assume Mercedes is pricey so when the dealer comes back with a high quote they assume it is right. Obviously people should shop around and all that but I can see people falling for the high Mercedes quotes.

I quickly shopped a BMW X5 loaner in the Midwest. “Best he could do” was 890/month with 2k down…I laughed my a$$ off!

I have someone right now who wants to get out of her 2018 E 400coupe after 9 months which shes paying $1160 for. Wait for it… she wants my help to get her a G wagon for which she received a quote for $2700 monthly with $13k due at signing…

3 Likes

Your landscacper is probably an outdoor architect :wink:

1 Like

Is this for a 2018?

Most probably yes. I haven’t seen a quote in hand but this is what she told me.

because if its for a 2019, those are going way over sticker. So I wouldn’t be surprised.