Worst leases you've seen

Understood, I will be honest…I wished I found this site before I signed my first lease, it’s understandable how those marketing campaigns are so aggressive only to require a large deposit down for the lease deal.

Let me guess, was also told “this is below invoice pricing” and “we are losing money on this deal!”

:stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

20d is the lowest of the trims as well. LOL.

Another gem while browsing swapalease.

$1499/month for an Infiniti Q60 Red Sport. Granted it is gold, but it should have to be made of gold at this price.

2 Likes

How much higher is msrp for a neiman marcus? I bet he put money down too.

1 Like

CarMax will sell you a 2017 redsport 400 with less miles for 43k. This lease is 33k for 22 months. Also, I’m not even sure how you feel those payments. Must have rolled a ton of negative equity into lease.

1 Like

$63k. About $10k more than a new one off the lot. I wonder why it has a Dallas dealer’s branding on it (GRUBBS, which IMO is the worst Infiniti dealer in the DFW area) because they had to be ordered directly from Neiman Marcus.

2 Likes

Historically, absolutely, although I’d say the A4 now leases pretty decently. You can get a $45k A4 in the low/mid $400s/$0 down, and keep in mind Audi’s tend to have a higher line of equipment than BMW and Mercedes (even base models have real leather, memory seats, some collision avoidance features, etc.).

Here is the quote I got from the Santa Monica Volvo dealer. FOR A LEASE… The Volvo website quotes the same, or better, at 469/mo before tax.

It’s funny because the salesperson said “we don’t mark our cars above MSRP like the other dealers”… but they sure as hell mark up the MF to try to scam people.

Thoughts?

I got a lease offer on a 48k MSRP alfa Romeo

$5000 down
$625/mo
24/10

I mean goodness…

Just move on to other dealers. There must be many in SoCal

There’s literally zero dealer discount. Why bother asking for opinions when you can clearly see it’s bad.

2 Likes

I got a ‘great offer, best we can do take or leave it’ of $690+tax on a $0 down 10k/36 for a basic T5 Momentum XC60 from Santa Monica - I moved on.

The 20d is the turbo-diesel. So while it is the smallest (lowest hp) engine option, the 2.0L turbo gas engine is the least expensive version. I think they call it the 30t now.

However, they are listing the car as a 20d, but also say it has a 3.6L Supercharged V6…definitely some shenanigans going on here :sweat_smile:

Volvo: Hey would you like to lease this XC60 with questionable reliability and buggy infotainment screen for more than a BMW X5?

All 6 volvo customers: WHERE DO WE SIGN?!

2 Likes

Salesperson off the top of his head told me ~ 10k down would get a payment in the 800s for a marked up 66k C43 lease. Ugh

I’d throw Matt Farah’s focus RS in the discussion

"My car is about as loaded up as they come, and had an out-the-door price of $42,000, including a custom-fit car cover ($400) and Lo-Jack ($500). Since I bought someone else’s allocation, I had to take those extras along with the car.

The biggest one is that I actually leased the RS rather than buying it, and using my $2,500 deposit as a down payment, I’m now on the hook for—are you ready for this?—$750 per month, for 36 months, at 10,000 miles per year."

1 Like

That’s ludicrous. He says “And I’m not rich or dumb enough to pay full cash for a car that isn’t 100 percent investment grade.”

So instead, he’s going to pay $29,500 to drive a $42,000 car for 3 years. Genius.

9 Likes

wait someone is paying $750 a month for a ford focus

I am so glad people like that exist.

I don’t care if its a souped up focus…its a fucking ford focus/.

4 Likes

People that get wrecked on cars are the reason why we’re able to get good deals. They balance it out.

5 Likes