Worst leases you've seen

13k over mileage at $2.50/mile = $32,500 over mileage fee as of right now and there is still over a year left on the lease! $3,000/mo for 15 months = $45,000. Add those to the RV and there is no deal here whatsoever. At this rate, he will have $60,000 just in excess mileage when the lease is over!

Wait a second? I thought you needed to get a 3 row suv as soon as you knew you were having a kid, there’s no way a car seat fit in a Civic(insert sarcasm) :rofl::joy::rofl::joy:

5 Likes

That definitely seems to be the theme here- thinking about having a baby need an expedition or Yukon xl

2 Likes

Not the worst 440 lease I have seen but not the right place for this listing.

3 Likes

Because - gasp - god forbid the chauvinists on this site dare suggest a minivan.

5 Likes

The funny part is that there’s a 8 series right under it for around the same price

Friend of mine just went to a “family friend” for a Subaru Ascent. He ended up putting 1500+8800 Trade in towards the lease for a payment in the “mid 300’s.” Completely taken to the cleaners…

3 Likes

$965 a month for an M340 but don’t worry “This is a great deal!” “Very low mileage used which will give you plenty to drive” (545 miles a month remaining LOL)

6 Likes

and of course … FL :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

Will admit, it’s a nice build on a nice car, but stupid price.

2 Likes

I used to post on the automotive sub of a more general forum at one point in time, and I shit you not this was a common theme among some regulars.

“You’re gonna have more babies sooner or later, just buy the Sub now!”

3 Likes

Yea but if I buy a minivan without kids or not as a hand me down I’m weird :confused:

1 Like

The new baby needs an SUV is all wife talk, and the guy panicked. I had similar panic when we found out #3 is was on the way and I just bought a used A5 6MT. Had 9 months to plan my exit, to which I leased a 2016 Hyundai Genesis AWD for $283/mo. Back seat is huge, fit rear facing baby seat plus two front facing seats, with a cavernous trunk.

1 Like

Exactly - we have number 4 on the way and suddenly it’s “do we need a Suburban or something?” (we have a Pacifica). Um, why?

1 Like

$1800 for a lexus. LOL

3 Likes

Overbuying seems to afflict most of the entire population. Look at the trucks people buy, or houses.

3 Likes

100%. We’ve done fine with a mid-size 3 row SUV instead of going the full size route. I swear our Enclave has more usable interior space than my sister’s Tahoe.

3 Likes

Assuming her Tahoe is not the 2021 model, your Enclave does have more room than it. Before the rear suspension redesign in the Tahoe for the 2021 model year, it was huge on outside and small (relatively) on inside.

And I can see why a family of three+ kids would need something bigger than a crossover, even a big crossover like the Enclave. But if budget is at all a consideration get a minivan. They are more practical than even a Suburban and not too far from half the cost for a comparable trim level. I get people don’t like the image but c’mon man, you got three kids, you aren’t cool.

1 Like

Someone thought he was cool, at least 3 times.

12 Likes

Or once, and it was triplets.

2 Likes