Worst leases you've seen

This is a recent lease proposal I got on a loaner 3 series with 1,001 miles. I wanted to see how the market is doing and how far I can negotiate. MF marked up to the max (correct me if I’m wrong) and paired with a laughable discount (INCLUDING incentives- conquest ($1k, lease cash $750, and Penfed $500) also let me note that this is “the BEST offer”. I’ve gone back and forth with the dealer for about two days. Onto the next one

You gotta shop the discount, not the payment. trust me, will help a lot

Is 15 percent pre-incentive discount reasonable given our current market or is it crazy?

15% wasn’t realistic for a loaner with 1k miles even before

1 Like

I’m not sure a 15% discount remotely qualifies in a “worst leases you’ve ever seen” thread

3 Likes

Our favorite little buddy Bill. Give them a free used Honda Civic at signing and you just may get a buyer! Never give up Bill!!! :heartpulse:

Bill is a living legend around here… :arrow_up:

Actual payment: $1,131. What in the…

How did I miss this one? I don’t believe I’m too far from him either. No more cars for me at the moment, especially not at that price point!

2 Likes

Free bolt, what’s next? Waiting for the i4 heh.

I’m not sure honestly… I’d consider taking a crack at the higher end marques but I’m not really sure what I’d even want. I’d like to assess the EV market again in 2.5 to 3 years and see what’s out there. The Hummer would be fun but I doubt it’s going to slide under that magic 55k price point to make it worth hacking. I still have a soft spot for the Giulia and Stelvio as well, but who knows if they’ll even be available new here in a couple of years or more? Not to mention the fact that GM always finds a way to drag me back in with loyalty incentives and credit card promos.

Dealers are working hard to bring this guy into their dealership…heck they prob offer a limousine pickup free of charge to bring him in

1 Like

How about a shape-shifter? I’d label this a bad deal originally (1540/mo, ouch), but post incentives, ~1150/mo as a starting point for negotiations now seems decent…ish? for a 116k MSRP M5 w/ DAP/Exec/B&W, maintenance, and snow tires.

1 Like

I need some help figuring out this one… what on earth happened here? The window sticker adds up to 151k, but… did they really sign a 60 month lease for 126k on a 151k car? Can’t be… right?

Apparently it was worth to someone since it’s sold

1 Like

But Porsche doesn’t offer a 60 month term (that I know of) and they’ve suspended lease transfers, so something doesn’t add up for sure.

1 Like

Sometimes SAL has listings for people to assume someone’s financing rather than lease, which may be what this really was. That said, it is a head scratcher since it is not properly listed as one of those types of transfers.

1 Like

Yep I think this must explain it… digging into the vin more, I found this fella, also at 8,200 miles… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

https://www.grandprimotors.com/used/Porsche/2019-Porsche-911-0f33a6100a0e0adf1bd28f6ac075dc8c.htm

133k actually, it’s even worse.

That’s assuming he put nothing down and I highly doubt that’s the case.

Then add the 5000 incentive.

Someone took over his lease btw

Edit: payment makes a lot more sense as a finance like you guys pointed out, however assuming this guy put a big down payment to finance this car, giving out a 5000 incentive on top- it looks like a really expensive 9 months of ownership.

Another CL find:

Rare per listing party: BMW 440i GC $795

Cool, one of a kind and modified. Awesome lease candidate…

1 Like