Worst leases you've seen

That was an epic thread.

4 Likes

I still go back to that thread when im having a bad day… but truth be told, I am not sure if this guy understands anything. A 51k cost for a 42K car ISN"T the worse thing in the world. High MF would contribute to that delta, but I’ve no idea what warranties and tire shine products he added etc.

A close friend of mine came to me a few weeks ago to ask for my “expert advice”. He had leased a Sentra and at the end of the lease, bought it out from the dealer. The car was now 4 years old and he had a loan of 18k, which obviously didn’t make any sense. Apparently, he had bought a 5K warranty and other shit without fully understanding the implications, on a 13k car… its fairly common for people to do the “math” a few months later…

2 Likes

Just had to go and re read it all again. Such awesome.

4 Likes

I’m going to need a linky to this…

1 Like

Was just quoted this on a 2019 BMW 540i with 64,100 MSRP:

• 3K down
  • 841 per month
    Separately i had a trade and was quoted this:
  • Effective trade in value 43K
  • Tax benefit 3K
  • Trade in value 40K
    I had never seen a dealer try to take the sales tax benefit and present it as an effective trade in value. It’s another issue that the trade in value offered was 5K below the carvana instant cash offer. I can only imagine they laughs they were going to have if I fell for this.
2 Likes

Can find it here

How Did I Do On This 2018 Touring Accord Hybrid?

2 Likes

And if you do a little bit of digging, you will find that Accord Hybrid touring is no more, it was traded in a year later for another Lincoln lease. Can only imagine the amount money he lost.

9 Likes

Who else hates these lease ads online? I just had to explain to someone who was “insulted” at an offer because BMW’s online ad is $200/mo less. Well with taxes included, no down payment, and similar miles it is only a $20/mo difference for a car with a $8000 higher MSRP. Our deal is not a unicorn but at least have a basic understanding of what you are comparing.

6 Likes

Next time, you could try countering with an offer that has the same stipulations as the BMW online ad if you wanted to rub the point in (not that that’ll save you any headache).

3 Likes

I read the entire thread. It hurt my soul to read. He hasn’t learned a single thing from his accord experience on this site. Still dropping 7k down payment on a glorified Ford.

The entire thread is a bunch of Lincoln fans circle-jerking each other with confirmation bias to convince themselves that they didn’t just over spend on a Ford.

There are some Lincoln products that I would say is unlike anything Ford actually offers… the MKZ Hybrid is not that.

7 Likes

From his accord thread, the reason he traded it in is due to poor stereo quality.

2 Likes

Insane to take that kind of a loss due to poor audio and go to a Revel system in a Lincoln…

Would have made more sense to go to Volvo with the bowers and Wilkins which is best in class.

1 Like

What made you find him on a different forum? lol,

1 Like

well,… i Can’t speak for him, but im totally regretting not having a better sound system in my 530…

1 Like

it just baffles me that being a founder of Avforums, he couldn’t tell the radio quality on the accord withing 10 seconds.

3 Likes

Unbelievable, here’s my favorite line

6 Likes

I found that the sirius xm streaming VS via receiver sound quality is night and day. Even on my kia streaming in high quality results in much better sound.

1 Like

Not to mention that I feel like it was mentioned in every review I’ve read of the 2018+ Accord Touring.

2 Likes

Any word on how much negative equity he had to roll from the Accord?

1 Like

This category (Worst Leases You’ve Seen) should be renamed Ronbo Deals.

8 Likes