Wise to spend $1500/month on a car given my situation?

Bora Bora. It’s incredible.

2 Likes

The Key thing is what’s important to you. What makes you happy. Like people said above, you only live once. For me, cars do not matter much, so I spend 300 some on leasing a bmw ex-loaner. I spend most my money on food and travel. Leasing may not be worse than buying financially especially if you change a car every 3-4 years. I had really bad experience with mechanics, so I don’t want to own a car longer than the warranty

2 Likes

You now want to double your monthly expenses?

Yes, wanna go back again!
Maldives also cost about the same depending on which hotel

I like to pay for my toys with passive income. Why not invest in some rental property or other assets that pay a dividend and use that to pay for your car? You should be able to find a 500k property that cash flows 1500/mo.

Just an option… 1500/mo on 8500 take home is high. Maybe take over the last year of someone’s lease.

Or, like I tell everyone, get a 911 that won’t depreciate.

4 Likes

gift your parents a nice car (lease)

4 Likes

You can probably buy a civic for $1500 a month with no money down and a 1 year payoff. The extent to which this decision is wise or not is in the details.

You work two jobs to bring home $8500 post tax. You answered your own question…why not invest more as @Jrouleau426 said and let your money work for you. Why not work two jobs for ten years and never work again?

4 Likes

Cars in the $1500/month range will have other considerations as well. Insurance, safety, drivability, etc are all concerns

4 Likes

It seems you have room in your budget for a $1500/mo play money for a limited time though there are arguably better ways to spend it. If you are passionate about cars, go for it. You only live once and I bet it will be increasingly more difficult to justify it.

Hookers and blow on the weekends, unless OP already rolls that way at ‘work’.

1 Like

What car are we talking about ?

Whats the best sports car i can get for that kind of lease money?

You are pretty close to a new Aston Martin Vantage

Is that what vantages are currently going for or what they were going for a year or two ago? There was a period of remarkably cheap vantages a year or two back.

It’s a little over budget @ $1799 with 1st+TTL DAS

1 Like

2.5k miles though

1 Like

Yeah, the reason I put “I imagine” is b/c I don’t plan to ever have kids, so I can’t say from first hand experience. But nearly all my friends have little ones, a good amt of disposable income, and they ain’t travelin’…

Eh, the OP wants an expensive car and maybe it’s only limited to that. I can imagine lots of people may spend a ton of $ on one thing not another.

This was my thought as well, but OP’s “mileage” may vary.

I actually think the 911 idea is a great one.

This thread was of dubious value to begin with, now we are just down to laziness (not searching marketplace and shared deals subs) and personal preference (“what’s the best sports car?”)

5 Likes

Imagine asking strangers on the internet for advice on how to live your life.

5 Likes