Will rental cars flood the used market?

I presume you typically prefer to leave the hotel room time to time though, no? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Depends: Titanium Elite members get first dibs on top suites but then again whole point of Hawaii vacation is to enjoy the nature.

I think you stay at the resort I left early. And another example where I paid for a week and left on day 4 and did not get a prorated refund. Like a rental car.

2 Likes

Mauna Kea Beach Hotel? :grin:

One of my faves so far. Especially after the Andaz in Maui started getting really nickel and dimey and Hyatt turned their program for the worse,

Literally the plane I was suppose to fly to Maui on today, United parking planes like crazy. HNL and OGG both down gauged to 757 from 777 starting today out of Denver. Hopefully things are back to normal by July. Thankfully our condo we had booked fully refunded with no questions asked

1 Like

You can drive a Velar for $655/mo ($22.86/day) at Sixt

1 Like

That can’t be a real thing.

I heard they’re shipping them to the boneyard in AZ to park them too

1 Like

Some of us are LIFETIME Titanium Elite

I prefer the Hilton rewards levels personally, but not as many of their properties

:gem::robot:

American and United are parking 300 to 400 each, maybe as many as 75 parked in Denver

1 Like

I’m sure you can get Bonvoyed by any of these companies

3 Likes

I already got Bonvoyed this past November in my last home city.

1 Like

Marriott has been by far the worst out of big 3 for me. I’ve seen too many horror stories online of ppl being “bonvoyed” as well. I guess when you’re lifetime titanium they treat you better :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I’ve had trouble in the legacy SPG Properties (except the Element) but most of the Marriott’s have been good to me.

The Hilton in Tysons Corner (at Corporate) has the best service of any Hilton I’ve stayed at, but there are nicer hotels in the collection.

The Omnis seem to have an inverse correlation between the property and the service.

Every time I try another Hyatt, I’m underwhelmed and switch back.

But yeah status has its privilege. Oversold hotel? I’m not the one getting walked, they hold my room for me. Problem? I have a :bat: phone I can call.

Car rental companies are different than hotels (trying to get back on topic): the brand you love in one city can be despicable in another. The local managers have a lot of discretion with inventory and maintenance, in addition to staffing.

1 Like

Hyatt has always been the best for me, but Hilton is close behind. I go out of my way to avoid staying at Marriott properties these days lol.

I’m guilty of going super off topic here, so I’m not gonna keep talking beyond this post but I highly recommend the Hyatt regency Seattle if you can get a club level room. Best lounge I’ve been to in NA, and some of the high floor rooms have amazing Space Needle and city views.

1 Like

Yeah SPG legacy I usually have to remind them why I shouldn’t get the Expedia special on the 3rd floor facing the parking garage but Marriott legacy usually at least get bumped up to executive/jr suite and with a little encouragement get the largest room in the house when available. One was even a 2BR/2.5BA w full kitchen with service entrance bi-level suite nearly as big as my house in floor space.

1 Like

@joeblogs That’s what’s going to happen:) Received this email today

Capture

2 Likes

Please forward email

Yea I’d take a Range for a day @ 49$…

This is in my area for 1 day:

I wouldn’t mind renting something for $49 a day, but it needs to do burn outs

2 Likes