Will rental cars flood the used market?

Just hope it makes it in one piece without hitting a Jersey barrier in the process

4 Likes

Undocumented Advanced Summon API: returnToSender();

I would make the joke that you misspelled school bus full of children (BING BONG CRASH) but LOL no school busses, no schools in session, all kids sheltered in place, safe from a self-driving car missing LIDAR because of one kook’s giant ego.

6 Likes

Fixed it for you.

4 Likes

Danke! 2020

1 Like

And I got email from them with “from $69” offer below :grin:

Book by Thursday, March 26, and you can drive off in a Kia Rio (or similar) and have the freedom to run your errands. Unlimited miles included.

3 Likes

I think this answers my question, I also found out that airport is allowing rental car companies to use airport parking lots for overflow.(FYI those lots are empty)

1 Like

I hope the Honolulu authorities keep those fart Versas :peach::dash: and chimney Corollas :smoking::dash: socially-distanced. If they start mating, the island will sink under the weight of all that disappointment.

3 Likes

Sigh…I’d be on a plane tomorrow if I wasn’t on call despite being on WFH. I need a good beach trip right about now.

I would have been on one today. :-1:

What the hell? I’ll drive a RR for a few days for that price :joy:

Not the time to go to the islands. 14 day self quarantine for visitors.

The mandatory 14-day self-quarantine orders are:

1. Proceed directly from the airport to your designated quarantine location, which is the location identified and affirmed by you on the mandatory State of Hawai‘i Department of Agriculture Plants and Animals Declaration Form.
  1. Remain in your designated quarantine location for a period of 14 days or the duration of your stay in the State of Hawai‘i, whichever is shorter.
      • If you are a resident, your designated quarantine location is your place of residence.
      • If you are a visitor, your designated quarantine location is your hotel room or rented lodging.
      • You can only leave your designated quarantine location for medical emergencies or to seek medical care.
    1. Do not visit any public spaces, including but not limited to pools, meeting rooms, fitness centers or restaurants.
  1. Do not allow visitors in or out of your designated quarantine location other than a physician, healthcare provider, or individual authorized to enter the designated quarantine location by the Director of HIEMA.
  2. Comply with any and all rules or protocols related to your quarantine as set forth by your hotel or rented lodging.
  3. If you become ill with a fever or cough:
      • Continue to stay in designated quarantine location, avoid contact with others and contact a healthcare provider for further instructions on treatment or testing.
      • If you are older or have any medical conditions (e.g., immune compromise, diabetes, asthma), consult your regular healthcare provider.
      • If you feel you need medical care, contact healthcare provider and inform them of your travel history.
      • If you need urgent medical care (e.g., have difficulty breathing), call 9-1-1 and let the dispatcher know your travel history).

Failure to follow this order is a misdemeanor and punishable by a maximum fine of $5,000, or imprisonment of not more than one year, or both. Enforcement will be handled by each of Hawaiʻi’s four counties.

So much for that plan…

We typically stay on resort anyway so that’s not a huge deal. There’s more than one way to skin a cat.

I presume you typically prefer to leave the hotel room time to time though, no? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Depends: Titanium Elite members get first dibs on top suites but then again whole point of Hawaii vacation is to enjoy the nature.

I think you stay at the resort I left early. And another example where I paid for a week and left on day 4 and did not get a prorated refund. Like a rental car.

2 Likes

Mauna Kea Beach Hotel? :grin:

One of my faves so far. Especially after the Andaz in Maui started getting really nickel and dimey and Hyatt turned their program for the worse,

Literally the plane I was suppose to fly to Maui on today, United parking planes like crazy. HNL and OGG both down gauged to 757 from 777 starting today out of Denver. Hopefully things are back to normal by July. Thankfully our condo we had booked fully refunded with no questions asked

1 Like

You can drive a Velar for $655/mo ($22.86/day) at Sixt

1 Like