Wife wants a hybrid SUV - I want a $7500 rebate & MSRP

It’s amusing, I’ve used Fuelio to track my mileage longer than I can remember. I just did an HPDE with the C8 last weekend and averaged 5.7mpg. I’ve been trying to convince her for a decade to use Fuelio. She has no idea what her mileage is, but she told me the other day it’s around 35 (maybe she assumes the computer in the car is accurate). But she drives like the people that give me road rage if I’m behind them, so it’s probably decent. She didn’t even know she had a “sport” button until she was yelling at me not to break her engine (at 4000 RPM).

And to electric eliminator, the RAV4 Prime hasn’t been completely crossed off the list, it would be nice to get the rebate AND the fuel savings, but there’s a lot of assumptions in the calculator. There’s also the matter of a very long wait to order one and finding an MSRP dealer. I’d go buy one tomorrow anywhere in the country if I could get a loaded Prime @ MSRP or even $2-3Kish over.

Wife has put 22K miles on her car in 29 months. Gas prices are coming back down. Who knows what the actual savings would look like? Just to throw some numbers out there, lets say she gets 30mpg. That’s 733 gallons of gas in 29 months. We’ll throw $4 a gallon out there even though the average is probably closer to $3. That would put it at $2900 spent on gas in 29 months. So even if we put zero gas in a RAV4 Prime, we’re not saving $6750 in 5 years. I’m all about savings/value, we should just buy out what she has and keep it, but she wants to help the environment with a hybrid. If I can essentially break even (+/- 5K) on new lease vs. keeping what we have, I’m OK with that if it makes her happy.

Oh and she saw the Bronco on some list of PHEVs for whatever reason, she just said it was cute and I told her people were flipping those for massive $$$ and it’s not an option, so it was left at that. She didn’t investigate mileage. I didn’t know enough about it to know whether there was a PHEV Bronco

Just play out the lease and extend if you have to and see what market changes have occurred. Hopefully supply has increased with semi getting better and interest rate increases taking some people out of market.

Hi. Is $8000 including the 7 monthly payments. Also as to Carmax leases are sketchy. I brought my Hyundai Tucson to Carmax as it was in excellent condition, low mileage. They offered me $24,000, I owed $13,348 not counting taxes. I traveled a distance of 40 miles to find out that Hyundai Finance won’t allow Hyundai Finance to buy out the lease.

So the Escape phev doesn’t qualify? MA has the state rebates too which you have to use a MA dealer. @Bostoncarconcierge may be able to help on a Ford as well. He got me into a MachE

1 Like

Better hurry you only have a few days left before rebate goes poof

I have an ev6 eligible for the credit if locked in tomorrow.

Text if interested

Jim
215-359-6836

1 Like

nobody has a loaded escape on their lot. i think we’re just going to order a rav4 prime and forget about the 7500. would be nice, but if I can get one for MSRP, not the end of the world without.

and yes barbara, the 8k is above the payoff amount as of the date it was offered (which is the residual + remaining payments). toyota will let someone buy out the lease. i’ve done it 2x in the past. but sort of moot in the near future if we end up ordering a prime.

thanks for the ev6 offer jim, ill ask her to take a look but she’s told me she’s not ready mentally for an EV yet, so she’s looking for PHEV. I’ve tried to talk her into a Tesla for 3 years. Range anxiety.

2 Likes

If only they had a 100kwh pack I’d probably have considered one. EA still bills by the minute in Texas. :grin:

Electronic Arts? :smiley:

1 Like

Electrify America.

2 Likes

God awful company. I will name drop them and Ubisoft in my death note.

4 Likes

Is it bad I have no clue what that means and don’t care to want to learn? Ha I got you though if you want one eventually!

He wishes the battery was bigger, as electrify America the charging company charges per minute of service rather than for the electricity in kWh.

Meaning a larger pack would get more energy in a short amount of time at a high rate charger due to how batteries work in terms of rapid charging due to battery chemistry and cell structure(I think).

This is due to the charging rate drop off as the battery fills up, same as how your phone takes longer to go from 80-100%, then 0-50%.

7 Likes

If this was Reddit, this would get gold.

5 Likes

Are you still doing 0 mark up?

None at msrp currently. Maybe next week after the big guy signs the bill

2 Likes

Right now. Even a 3k mark up looks pretty compared to next week when we loose the 7.5k

1 Like

Let it be known this was uttered on LH. :exploding_head:

2 Likes

I totally regret not getting one at that value a few weeks ago. Had one dealer agree to it but I was too greedy for 0 markup

August 12. 2022

3 Likes