Why the low offers on Audi e-tron?

I’m helping a friend to get out of his e-tron and into an EV6. He owns the e-tron outright. The offers he was getting from the usual online places are insanely low. It’s a 2019 Premium Plus with 16k miles. These seem to be selling in the 60k-65k range on dealer lots. Offers from Vroom, Carvana etc are in the 28-30k range. Carmax and KBB did not make an offer as they say they don’t have enough data. Any ideas about the discrepancy - do these not sell well? Or does this point to some kind of issue with the car’s history?

3 Likes

You try GMTV, Driveway?

I’ll do 33-35 private sale though. :grin:

3 Likes

Yes, tried them all. Haven’t heard from everyone yet, but the low numbers seem consistent. I was honestly expecting 50k minimum. KBB trade in value is 54-59K.

I’m at 36 cash sight unseen

2 Likes

$36,001 and a pat on the back for being a pal.

What was the in service date? Maybe prospect of being out of warranty is hurting it?

7 Likes

If it doesn’t have perma plate and KARR i don’t want it

6 Likes

I’ll check - Thank You!

1 Like

I will do 36-38k.

Just traded in a 2019 P+ etron. Local Audi dealer offered much higher than vroomvana.

1 Like

it points to the fact that cavana and vroom etc all have way too much inventory on their books and are on the verge of insolvency and do not want to pick up any more cars unless its for stupidly low prices

3 Likes

That is very low. I sold a 2019 e-tron P+ last month with 16K miles for $55K to a local dealer.

4 Likes

So why doesn’t he just trade it in?

PM me the vin and I’ll
Give you a bid

2 Likes

Indeed very low. Just sold my 72k msrp 2021 etron premium with 11k miles last weekend at 63k.

5 Likes

I always got more in the past selling to third parties rather than dealers. But I guess Audi dealer is the way to go for him!

1 Like

Similar price for me

1 Like

My E-tron was quoted around $62k by local dealer in NYC. It a 2021 but she will run her course for another 20 months in the household.

1 Like

Couple weeks ago I was looking into getting a new etron. I had a bmw dealer run the vin and they offered me 63.6K for a 70K MSRP unit with 500 miles. Zero instant equity.

In a no EV tax state like NJ, the equity is still in play.

I was going to trade it in and get an X5. Sales tax should not be an issue in this case. Maybe in no sales tax state you can sell it and make couple bucks.