Why don't we see many LH worthy deals for Fords?

Long time Hackr wondering why we rarely see Hackr worthy deals posted/discussed for Ford vehicles? Bad residuals, high MF, better purchase programs, or some other reason? It also seems that very few brokers promote Fords here.

Just curious if anybody has insight…

1 Like
  1. Because it’s a bad summer to lease
  2. Most fords have bad RVs
  3. I’ve seen posts here for Explorers and the new Mustang E.

IMO: Primarily brand perception, lack of brokers and dealers.

In general, Ford trucks don’t lease well, most non-Mustang cars could lease well, and some SUVs do (the less popular ones).

Ford advantages IMO:

• like most, gap included
  • simple interest vs MF (for the uninitiated)
  • in states with personal property tax (VA, MA), Ford actually pays it and adjusts your monthly payment
  • outside of state and EOL restrictions, you can swap/sell
  • more terms than most (eg 23/24/33/36/39/42/48 months)
  • more standard mileage options 10k/12k/13.5k/15k/18k

Disadvantages

• no MSDs
  • two leasing companies (CAB east/west) that are 99.9% similar but not 100%
  • you need to be more educated than most Ford Finance Managers
7 Likes

Wait for the that Ford F-150 lightning and the 7500 or 12500 Fed EV credit.

1 Like

Thanks for the input.

Yeah, I realize that this is a bad time to lease almost any vehicle right now. Thankfully, I’m not in the market for awhile.

I’ve leased many vehicles using LH principles and had some phenomenal deals - most recently a one-pay on a 2021 Bolt Premier from @chevysalesgirl last December.

Seems like #2 is the most likely option.

savage :rofl:

5 Likes

Thanks for the fantastic detailed reply. Exactly the insight I was looking for and appreciate it!

1 Like

Ford has determined and chosen to pull the levers in the direction of purchase vs lease. In fairness it’s been a pretty profitable decision for them. Ford Motor Credit / Cab East - West contributes a massive portion of the profits for Ford.

By levers I mean a lower RV, a slightly higher APR / MF all nudging people in the direction of purchase vs lease. Very few incentives on the vehicles that people would want ( F-150 or Explorer ).

1 Like

Absolutely:

This helped. There are certainly lease deals to be had on Fords, but usually nobody wants them

I’ve met a couple sharp Ford F&I managers. And: sifting through the lease programs every month to see what’s leasing well, doesn’t seem to come naturally from my observation.

It helps to know their products and programs, especially on something that leases well, because they probably are not doing many of those. It’s 3.5-5% on trucks, thank you please pull through.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.