Why do YOU lease?

What? I lease an Audi A4 (a well equipped one, I don’t lease base trim models) for less than a many people lease a Civic for (a regular one like an EX or Touring).

And yeah, I’d say an A4 is “better” than a Civic Si or Type R. I don’t get people’s fascinations with dressed up economy cars.

You mean like the guy who had to lease the 40k civic? I don’t care if it’s a type R or SI or the Gold Plated edition…it’s still a Civic.

That guy is making an insane monthly payment for the Type R.

And shouldn’t get gap because the insurance companies make billions off gap

1 Like

I lease cause i get tired of them in a year or two.

1 Like

Link?

Me scared.

My memory was wrong…Looks like he bought it and didn’t lease…he got it at MSRP though!

Comsumer Reports, CFP certified financial planner Dave Ramsey show, Bay Area Consumers Checkbook, Clark Howard Radio show, and my own CPA have said that leasing is a very bad deal financially and you have nothing to show for after the end of lease.

I noticed that the poorest and least educated tend to always lease whereas wealthy people purchase, not lease.

“I noticed that the poorest and least educated tend to always lease whereas wealthy people purchase, not lease.” Great generalization!

2 Likes

My first new car was an electric and I leased it because it was cheaper (total cost to own ) than buying used with carpool incentives . Now, I am considering to lease an expensive German because I want a new car with new tech and safety features . It is considerably costlier to own compared to 8 year old ones ( I can buy and fix relatively cheap ) . Still trying to convince my financially conservative side…

I agree - I am dirt poor and not edumacted, so I lease a banging 5-series to make me feel great about my poor life!!!

3 Likes

So did your CPA say leasing is a financially prudent option? Or was it your emotions that got the best of you?

My CPA drives a 10 year old Camry and wanted me to get a used one as well :slight_smile:

I guess I’m dumb, poor and uneducated too. Amazing how much $$$ you can make these days being dumb.

Cool story bro! I guess my friend who has PHD in marketing and is leasing an Explorer Platinum b/c he got a sweet deal on it, is the antithesis of the person described in your assertion. But we’ll listen to the teachings of grand pooba Dave Ramsey, who makes a living by selling books on how to become less poor to the poor. Fact is, if it makes financial sense to you, do it, wealthy or not.

1 Like

This guy is about to take a severe ass beating.

A phd in marketing is not the same as a phd in accounting or finance. Isn’t a lease a financial transaction?

Why do I want to own a depreciating asset?

Because maybe you are paying for the depreciation + interest + fees already ?

Your statement said “least educated” (besides poorest), don’t split hairs on it now. Also, do enlighten us on how you consider a well negotiated lease a poor financial decision, and use numbers like @MoneyTime did - since you’re well-versed into the teachings of David Ramsey. You should be able to back up your statements.