Why do YOU lease?

Wrong on many levels but it is your first post so I have a feeling such blanket statements smell of trolling.

3 Likes

Then they should just unwind their deals on their fully loaded 49k MSRP C-class.

Whenever someone says that ā€¦ itā€™s usually notā€¦just some opinion not rooted in facts

2 Likes

Can you provide some real life examples from your experience where you ended up with equity?

Iā€™m not most people, I guess.

2 Likes

@305Hackr pretty much hit it on the head, but I will add, it is an easy way to manage finances.

Even though the lease is short term, 2 or 3 years, itā€™s a long term plan.

I am never going to have a 6K engine rebuild or 3K transmission rebuild job. I will never have to clear out the savings account to buy a 5K piece of crap, because my last 5K piece of crap blew up. My cost to drive ā€œAā€ really nice new car from here till I die, is my lease payment. Thatā€™s it! I know I am over simplifying here, but you get the point. I do not have to deal with spikes in expenses. Add to this a new smelling, fartless car every 3 years, and I am happy camper. :smile:

2 Likes

Eaaaaaasy here ā€¦ some of us prefer a gently warmed farted in loaner/demo at an exceptional value :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::sunglasses::rofl:

4 Likes

Loaners are junk.

ā€”Eric

:rofl:

1 Like

sure, first I setup $550 max mo budget on car. my last 2015 Audi A3 which was 6mo old when purchased at more than 25% msrp ~$26k Finance at 48 mo. Sold at year 4 at ~52% off msrp and this is the equity I referring to. Thanks.

So you paid $26400 over 4 years for a used A3? How much equity did you have at the end?

$16500 so effectively ~$200-ish/mo for the A3.
https://forum.leasehackr.com/t/sold-one-to-vroom/56848/264?u=ydol

1 Like

I lease because the thought of owning a car and the inherent risks - repairs, resale value hit, diminshed value - are not for me. Iā€™ve never bought a set of tires or had to take my car in for more than an oil change. I typically spend $350-425/month for a reliable $40-50k luxury sedan. I also drive very little (<7k a year) and like to get new cars constantly.

And also itā€™s fun trying to see how cheap I can get into a luxury commuter car every 2-3 years. I know people that lease Honda Civics for more than my Audi A4.

Because Iā€™m fickle.

I just turned in my lease to Carvana and pocketed $2350 in equity. Now I will start the whole process of leasing a car over again. Canā€™t beat that

1 Like

Your comment makes NO sense. You lease Audi A4 for more than Honda Civics? But you drive 7K miles/yr. So how could you compare say a Civic Sport Touring with an MSRP of 30K to an Audi A4 with an MSRP of $37K, but you might get a 36/24K Lease. Is an Audi A4 better than a Civic Type R or even a Civic Si?

1 Like

I lease because i am a leaseaholic. Was clean for about 19 months then i slipped a month ago.

3 Likes

Dude, your response makes even less sense. Youā€™re sitting here comparing performance focused cars to an entry level luxury car. If I can lease an entry level luxury car at the same price of a Civic touring, id take the luxury car.

That was the point Mah was trying to make. It was the value proposition, better on his A4 than on a Civic touring. No mention of Type R anywhere.

Heā€™s suggesting that the game of leasehacking is fun to see how cheap of a payment we can get on some of the highest priced cars. Heā€™s driving an A4 for much less than what the typical general public is driving a Honda civic for.

I lease because ā€¦I donā€™t want to marry the carā€¦I just want to date it for 2-3 years. I get tired or bored with the cars I lease (some faster than others) and like not having to worry about big maintenance bills. Also, for the years that I owned some expensive cars, I was always worried about parking lot dings and dents, stone chips, carfax reports, etc. As a ā€œrentalā€, its basically normal wear and tear and I walk away when the lease ends.

Thatā€™s true, butā€¦ After you return your lease, the depreciation moving forward is the bankā€™s problem - not like you have something in your garage for years and it is depreciating every month (granted, the depreciation curve is not that steep after some time).
I like to lease also to not have to deal with mechanical/electrical issues (i.e., finding a mechanic, waiting for stuff to be fixed and pay for that).