Why do Florida deals suck compared to some of the other states

I live in Orlando Florida and I have been looking at some of the amazing deals posted on this forum and every time I try to work a deal with a dealership here in Orlando it seems like they don’t wanna budge.
Any suggestions if I want to scoop a deal for a commuter around 200$ a month ?

1 Like

Going to tag @Bacons_C.C

1 Like

Very Easy Answer. Supply & Demand and a ton of dumb money down there. Some BMW dealers down there have a policy where each and every lease has to have a jacked up money factor. Additionally there is no cap on the doc fee and dealers are very spread out. Basically creates a horrible situation for us hackrs where dealers just don’t need to play ball to stay in business and move units. It is probably the single most profitable car market in the US (South FL)

5 Likes

Snowbirds with money to spend. First rule of leasing in Florida is don’t lease in Florida if you can help it.

4 Likes

This is an option if you’re considering Mazda’s but given the $200 a month target, might be a little unrealistic.

1 Like

Thank you for your help

I am from Jacksonville area and in same shoes, in past 4 years , i always shoppe around tampa and I had better luck on Nissan , hyundai and toyota over there . you have more negotiate better if you deal with internet Dept in far away dealer than your local one.

1 Like

I struck out finding a decent deal here in Tampa and ended up flying to Atlanta to pick up my unicorn BMW last March to drive back (330E for ~ $215).

Flight up cost me $90 and the dealers up there were much more competitive.

2 Likes

I’m here to help if you’re considering toyota. Tacoma and Corolla are 2 vehicles that can have you in the area of where you’re trying to be

2 Likes

I’m in a similar area and it appears the MF mark-up and bloated fees are applied by FL dealers more. I think it comes down to using Edmunds to know the base MF and real RV, and then negotiating or calling out the excess fees bluntly. Many on this site use a streamlined process of emailing different dealers with the exact breakdown of your deal request, including most or all line items of the Leasehackr Calculator. I plan to do this for my next lease, with the expectation of many laughs along the way (due to a pursuit of unicorn territory). I did get well under 1% rule for a RX350L at a vulnerable point for that model, and plan to try for a better deal on something better in the future.

1 Like

It does suck down here. I’m looking and can’t even talk to the dealers down here they are so ridiculous.

1 Like

Utah is the same, if not worse. Every time there is a new post on the “Worst Leases” thread, I think “Yeah, I could probably get one of the dealers here down to that if I worked on it for a few weeks”.

Seems like the vast majority of good deals on here come from just a few geographic areas and you probably just want to hire a broker or work with one of the dealers who post on here (and can ship) if you don’t live in one.

3 Likes

I live in South Florida. The deals are not impossible to get here they just take a lot more work. You need to have patience and persistence. Are they as good as New York or LA? Nope but they can be had.

3 Likes

A lot of people have said it perfectly. Florida has a lot of disposable income. Either the money is coming in from the south, overseas, or the people know their clock is about to expire and don’t mind departing with it. Some stores do have policies that will not have them drop money factor to a buy rate, so the focus should then turn to pre-incentive discount.

It does take time, patience, and relationships. One GM has told me that he will only do two Bacon deals a month because after that, it just doesn’t make sense… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Too much bacon > high cholesterol > heart attack = no bueno :grinning:

6 Likes

Nevada sucks too, but I live close enough to California that @BMW_Dave can hook me up with a good deal and overnight my car :slight_smile:

I agree with this. Most of the deals come from places where people have numerous competing dealers within say a 30 mile radius. Was much easier to negotiate my Accord purchase having 10 dealers within 15 miles. But for people who don’t live in one of a few major metro areas leases are real hard. Dealerships don’t have to compete.

Now Florida makes no sense to me. It has lots of dealerships and is actually far less affluent than the popular leasehackr areas (think MA, NY, NJ, DC, California). Granted there is some extra drug money in Miami but that doesn’t really explain the caliber of deals north of West Palm. Seems like dealers have some type of (hopefully unwritten) collusion on holding gross. Also maybe the average Floridian is even worse at leasing than the average American?

Orlando = Scumbag City

The dealerships there are ZOOs.

The sales reps all sit around like lazy gorillas :gorilla:.

As soon as they see fresh meat on the lot they will stumble over each other to get to it. Then complain to the sales manager to split the units six ways to Sunday :joy:

1 Like

Why do Florida deals suck compared to some of the other states

Karma?

2 Likes

Get creative. Try GA and AL or go up the coast to NC or NE area. You can always drive or ship them south. Also, costco and true car will get you some sort of deal if you want to put in zero work. Dealing with a dealer will get you nowhere fast. Another option is to get a broker. Not sure why so many are against that, it’s almost like people would rather complain and hit their head against the wall at a dealership for an entire Saturday instead of of paying an expert to do much of the work for them. Smh

1 Like