Why can’t I find a good deal right now?

The lease on my Chevy Equinox is about to end (180 including tax, 1k down, 24 months, 10k miles) and I can’t seem to get a deal close to that on any mid size SUVs. I even considered getting another equinox and was told that the new payment would be around 230, for the exact same damn car. Aren’t dealerships selling less cars than ever now? Why are the lease prices so expensive?

Inventory is low because they weren’t making cars for quite a while. That will change, but don’t expect it to happen immediately. Can you extend your lease?

Nope… if you look around LH, many dealers/brokers had record sales last month. Coupled with no/little inventory, dealerships have little incentive to offer deep discounts or provide base MF out the gate. You may have to shop around quite a bit or wait this out. Good luck!

Edit: check this out…

1 Like

I can extend it 6 months without any additional mileage, if I can make the mileage last it may honestly be the best option.

1 Like

Looks like I may have to wait it out, had no idea dealerships were performing so well. Thanks for the post

With no volume bonuses to hit the dealers are NOT going the give the house away. It’ll just going to be worse . I advise you to lease your car immediately or wait for another 5-6 months when the day supplies are back to 60-90 days

1 Like

I think when some of us suggested that supply was going to drop significantly we were called collaborators or something. Dozens of us called this months ago - sorry OP either extend or as @Samaudibh suggested be prepared to make the best deal you can soon. I hear Hertz has a lot of roughly used cars for sale.

2 Likes

Think my best bet is just waiting another 6 months, if I lease now it’s just not gonna be worth it or maybe buy as you said. Wish I was paying more attention a few months ago lol

Relax. It is a temporary glitch in the production. it’s like saying why is all the plywood sold out during the hurricane.

Wait for a few months and the discounts will be back.