Whose passing $7500 EV credit in lease?

Hi,

I am helping a friend buy an EV, his tax liability is low, I am recommending leasing to get the full $7500 EV credit via cap cost reduction, I just learned Ford doesn’t pass that for the Mach E, who else does?
We are looking at an SUV, but right now open to options, $45k is the top msrp, is VW passing that for the ID4? any other EVs or plugins that qualify?

Edit: I should have mentioned that he intend to buy the car but lease first to get the $7500, then buy, how soon can that happen after signing lease papers?

Thanks.

Why?

A $60k msrp wrangler 4xe qualifies and will lease for less than a $40k id4

1 Like

Even with the $7500, the ID4 leases like crap.

If you’re a good friend you’ll tell him to order a Wrangler 4XE.

1 Like

My Etron leased better than the ID4, the programs on the ID4 are a joke.

2 Likes

The etron doesn’t lease like the etron anymore either.

I don’t even know if they are shipping Etrons anymore. My local dealer said they haven’t seen one since April.

1 Like

There seem to be a few out there, but not many. A couple months after getting mine, I priced out what it would cost to get another. Total cost to lease went up by about $18000. Times change quick.

1 Like

Honestly its shocking to me that the 4XE Wrangler is still going strong. When I ordered back in June we were certain all of this was going to come crashing down soon. Even after the MSRP increases it remains a solid deal.

I think that’s largely because people were expecting supply chain issues to start to improve rather than get worse

1 Like

It’s not an EV, though. It’s a PHEV with what… 15 miles of electric range?

2 Likes

Hyundai Kona and Ioniq pass it on. So does the Kia Niro.

So go full EV and get fucked two ways from Sunday to be “green” or take advantage of the full credit, be (partially) green, and drive way more vehicle for less.

Gas is not that bad fyi

20-25, which covers a lot of use cases.

If the goal is to capture the $7500, it gets the job done nicely. If someone has to have pure ev, it obviously doesn’t.

Not sure why you think it’s a binary pissing match between choosing an ID4 or a Wrangler.

There are EV like the Niro which have well in excess of $7,500 in rebates. Like $10k+ last time I checked.

Nothing against VW but everyone here, including you, knows the ID4 is a shitty leasing proposition right now. It’s just no bueno deal.

Given the popularity and strong programs (and taking advantage of the full $7500, which his buddy wants) the Wrangler is a no brainer.

So he will buy the car but I am recommending lease to get the $7500 so he can benefit from it otherwise if he finance he won’t take the $7500 benefit, $45k msrp is within his range.

The Wrangler gives short range, we would like to lease it then buy it to just get the $7500 credit that way.

Those $400 eTron lease deals are long gone.

You can look into Polestar, they pass the EV credit as RV increase which makes the leases very competitive from a payment perspective, but not good for flips.

I updated my post, the goal is to buy new car, I am recommending lease to get the $7500 then buy the car, a decent Sahara 4xe is $56k, it’s already $16k more than base ID.4, if his intention is to buy then he’s laying that anyway.