Who was born in the year with the best cars?

At relying on Compaq laptops for service? :wink: , Mclaren F1 is definitely on the list of cars I’d love to sit in before I die. Wasn’t there a German guy who commuted on the Autobahn in a F1?

:chocolate_bar:

5 Likes

Real OGs know these were the best…

4 Likes

Heard of someone doing that in a 959 but a McLaren F1 seems even more extreme.

Was waiting for you to jump in and show me what I missed.

1 Like

I actually wanted one of these too as a teenager

Just double checked, yep he was a banker and ended up working for Bugatti.

Your story is about a banker who holds a doctorate in economics, Dr Thomas Bscher. He used to commute to work in his F1 on the autobahn between his home in Cologne and his office in Frankfurt at speeds over 200mph on a regular basis. His story was validated when McLaren downloaded the ECU’s log via the on-board modem connection to the factory.
Most recently, Dr Bscher held the position as President of Bugatti Automobile since late 2003, but he recently left the company. In the latter half of the '90s he raced two different McLaren F1 GTRs in the BPR and FIA GT series and was rather successful. He no longer has his road car which was chassis #022, but told me about two years ago when I met him that he still retains posession of both his GTRs.
Those are GTR #03R which is seen in image #052 & #090 in this set and also GTR #22R seen in images #092, #093, #094 & #109.

:chocolate_bar:

1 Like
1 Like

what’s the fuel consumption, tire consumption at that speed? This sounds a little nuts and maybe exaggerated?

The article I posted has a comments section where people debate that. It is about 190-200km between Cologne and Frankfurt. The article says he shaved 20 min off his commute, not what the total time was, but presumably that even factors in a potential fuel stop if necessary. Sounds like he could afford the tires.

I don’t doubt he can afford it, I’m honestly curious if he had tires changed while he was in the office every time.

Since he was also a racer, he prob had a pit crew at each end with a lug wrench and extra set of wheels, lol.

5 Likes

I’m out…
Yours Truly,

4 Likes

Don’t ask me about the options. It’s DX model I think

7 Likes

1 Like

4 Likes

Saying DX model dates you more than the picture :slight_smile:

2 Likes

true … like them Hondatech forum boys

You picked the worst cars of 1974 lol, Pinto and Vega is like worst of all times haha

2 Likes

5 Likes